• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4 Core i7 CPU enough for after effects?

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm planning to get the Asus Tuf Dash f15 laptop with i7 11370H (4-cores)

Will after effects work all good four cores or should I go with a 8-core Ryzen CPU with which i won't get better GPU for 3d rendering work.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Less cores are better for AE, given that many of its functions aren't even multithreaded and parallelized. There's literally hundreds of threads on this under the subject heading of "performance optimization in AE" and similar. So your quad core will do just fine and unless you have different requirements for otehr apps there would be little point getting a processor with more cores.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot man! With after effects i want to use illlustrator, Photoshop, Cinema4d and some basic chrome things. Will my 4core i7 run After Effects + Illustrator + Chrome all together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be fine for working all these apps competently.  Cinema4D can utilise more cores for rendering, but overall Adobe software relies more on higher clock speed than more cores.

Get as much RAM as you can afford.  And try to configure that RAM so you can add more later if you can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You Andrew! for rendering ill use Octane CPU based render, and yeah ill get 24gigs of ram which is max supported by the laptop. Thanks a lot!!!!!!:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines