• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adjustment layer will not do anything when imported into Premiere

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an After Effects project with an adjustment layer for some color correction. Works great. However, when I import the AE project into Premiere the effects of the adjustment layer is not shown.. UNLESS i put a sold black layer as the bottom layer in the AE project.. THEN the adjustment layer works in when imported into Premiere too.

Anyone got any clues here, is this a feature or a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

they are exactly the same. when there is background in Ae, it's blue, when there isn't - it's white. in premiere is the same result as in Ae. I would suggest you find another color correction effect (try color vibrance by videocopilot. it's free) or just leave the solid.

055.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the effect applied? And what is the layer or composite that it affects?

show us some full screeenshots

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried to demonstrate it as good as possible here.

Fist picture: On the right is AE and i've moved the bottom solid black layer so it only appears in the right half of the project. The adjustment layer does the Color Balance perfectly in AE but when imported into AP it does no effect on any area that does not have a bottom solid black layer

Second picture: i've moved the bottom solid black layer back so it covers all of the project and THEN suddenly the Adjustment Layer works perfectly on the whole AE project inside AP too. Sooo wierd!

AE_AdjustmentLayer.png

AE_AdjustmentLayer2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE adjustment layers do not work across applications.  That's something you'll have to do in Premiere Pro.  But it should be easy to accomplish there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks! But it kinda "does" work across as long as I use a solid black bottom layer. Whats up with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is true that adjustment layer do not cross over to Premiere, but this is relevant to when you copy paste between applications, in contrary to what you are doing which is importing an Ae project (it uses Dynamic link to import the whole composition as one layer)

this should cross over fine.

do you have a blend mode applied to the adjustment layer in Ae? toggle the switches/modes and see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blend Modes for all layers is set to Normal.

The effect used on the adjustment layer is Color Balance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share the Aep file? just upload it to any cloud service

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course!

Import it to Premiere and see how only the part with the bottom solid black layer is affected by the Adustment Layer Color Correction effect:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvQx1ujNEZAlhs43WUwwNE5PZZOIRw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this window:

are you sure the link is ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hold on. does your layer appear with color in Ae without a black background? because it's not supposed to. I am still not seeing how your Ae composite look different in Ae than in Premiere because in Ae when you don't have a black solid, you don't get the color either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you toggle the Adjustment layer on/off you can clearly see that it affects the part of the text with no solid black layer underneath it too, changes from grayish to blueish, pretty obvious when you look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they are exactly the same. when there is background in Ae, it's blue, when there isn't - it's white. in premiere is the same result as in Ae. I would suggest you find another color correction effect (try color vibrance by videocopilot. it's free) or just leave the solid.

055.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So I updated from Adobe CC 2017 to 2018 and it (making Joe Rogan face) MAGICALLY started to work!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines