• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Immersive Environment button gone in 2021; Where was it moved?

Engaged ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys cleaned up the composition toolbar in version 18, and removed "controls with low usage such as Adobe Immersive Environment"

Where are those controls now, then? I need to change the Adobe Immersive Environment view to180° Stereoscopic SBS so I can view it in VR through my HMD properly

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe. What is going on? Do you plan to fix this? Or is the button hidden somewhere. This breaks Adobe Immersive Enviornment inside After Effects. You need to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, I need to change the the projection of a 360 video from flat to Over Under and the icon is missing and can't find any place to adjust this setting. Rolling back to AE 17.7 until this issue is resoved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... I'm in a project right now.. and it so difficult to explain to the agency that the button has disappeared... The goggles VR icon was removed... the last FAQ over the adobe site https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/immersive-video-VR.html was updated Apr 27, 2021 and the icon was showed there. 

But not at the current After Effects, last update.

SO, WHAT CAN I DO TO SEE THIS ICON, AND CHOOSE THE VIEWING OPTION?

when i put the HDM (Head mounted display - OCULUS RIFT CV1) what i see is a plan layer with the video. Reading the help at Adobe Support, i can see this being o theater mode (rectilinear). 

----Theater Mode (Rectilinear): Previews the composition as a flat rectangle in an empty room, simulating the view of looking at a movie screen. ----

PLEASE.. HELP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, what the hell Adobe????? You literally moved 4 icons from the composition panel bar to the composition panel menu, and you lost 1 of the 4 along the way - one that actually was a submenu of 6 options so you basicaly lost 6 UI items while moving 9!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree here - we need the ability to change the AIE viewing modes in the settings somewhere. Rebooting some VR post work over here, and while I have every other plugin supported on AE 2021, I can't preview any work in the HMD without rendering and porting to Premiere or another player. 

Please add this functionality back in. 

Rolling back to 17.7 as others have mentioned, and rolling Mocha back as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again, @Leandro Spaletta

I discussed this with the After Effects team. They will look at the possibility of having a similar UX as Premiere Pro. I don't know if it's possible or how long it will take, but I'll do my best to advocate on your behalf. 

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rameez,

is there any news on this issue?

My VR workflow is strickly in AE.I cannot go back and forth between AE and Premiere

There is a whole VR eco system with plug ins like Flux and Mantra from Mettle so I don't understand why this hasn't been fixed yet.

Not even a temporary fix or workaround.

I would greatly appreciate an update on the subject.

Regards, Fred Kolman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @FredKolman,

No updates as of now; sorry about that!

I'll bring this up again with the After Effects team.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have anyone found the button??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It's unbeliveable. We want the icon that allows us chance the projection kind. If the idea was only clean the interface, you need a way to continue usina the tool. Why not insiste de 3d theater space when we are using the VR DISPLAY HUD INSIDE AFTER EFFECTS?

Mod note: Profanity removed. Please avoid that, we have minors reading here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the hardware to enable this myself, but is this what you folks are looking for? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/immersive-video-VR.html

Screenshot 2021-09-22 134849.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kyle, no that link does not help with the problem. There used to be a drop down in the main Comp window where you could change the projection of the footage that was displayed in your VR headset. In 360 media there are several formats we work with that have different projections. There’s flat video (regular 2d content), 360 monoscopic, 360 stereoscopic, 180 mono and 180 stereo. In the most recent versions of AE they removed the dropdown to choose what projection your comp should be in a headset and it defaults to flat video in the headset, with no option to change it, which is not useful for 99.9% of VR workflows. So the recommendation for now is to use an version that I mentioned earlier that has this option. 

Basically Adobe removed some of the buttons under the comp window but they didn’t give us VR creators an alternative place to change this setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly - you can see the buttons in question at the end of your link- together with "Always preview this comp" and "Primary Viewer" buttons.

They moved the two latter to the Comp Viewer menu, but the Immersive Environment  setting is nowhere to be found anymore 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, no, that isn't the solution neither the problem. Look to my screenshot 3, 4 mesages above. We need the ability to change the projection kind, like we was allowed before clicking over the BLUE VR GOGGLES on the compositon toolbar. Or in any other hidden way, shortcut, secret pannel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Any new hope?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 6 months since this issue was reported and still no fix or workaround from Adobe.

For those in a bind, Davinci Resolve Fusion allows for 360 video editing in VR HMD headset. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fusion is amazing. It works good there. Adobe just launched the 2022 version.. surprise surprise! Nobody heard us. Neither a "please wait, we Will fix It" ... Or... "Oh, Sorry"... Or... No, Will never Will fix that, and it's better you and every VR produtor migrate to Fusion or better vr software than Adobe after effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh come on, 2022 version is out and it's still not fixed!?!?!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who's ready to move to Fusion?

I spent over an hour with Adobe support just trying to talk to someone who could actually understand what the issue is. They have no idea. It's amazing that no one on the AE team has tried to do anything with 360 video with any of the new versions. If they did, they would immediately understand that this broke our workflow and their tool. Try messaging these people on LinkedIn to get the issue on someones radar, I sent a connection request and in the message tried to get some help on this issue:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sebastiendeguy/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/victoria-nece/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/mcoleman/

There are  probabably others who work at Adobe that can be messsaged as well.

https://www.linkedin.com/search/results/people/?keywords=adobe%20after%20effects&origin=GLOBAL_SEARC...

Squeeky wheels get that greese!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also started a "Feature Request" to try and get someones attention. Please upvote this request to get it on someones radar:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects/suggestions/44419497-bug-report-immers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, we aren't asking too much: please, bring back the blue VR goggles icon, or some way that allow us to change de projection mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need change the projection mode on after effects compositon pannel, or in any other way.  HELP! S.O.S. 

cw_aie_menu.png.img.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe, you can't be serious. please, we need the ability to work with VR headsets in after effects!
there is of course the possibility via the goproplayer and after effects, but that just doesn't work well.
please, get your hands out of your pockets and address this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1
Please fix.

HMD work not possible at all at the moment.

Additionally SteamVR is crashing all the time when using with latest AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines