• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe spyware running after deinstallation

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2024 Jul 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled Adobe completely. Now all that remains is the spyware in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe that I can't delete because it is constantly running. Someone, please help me delete this spyware ASAP.

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just because you can't delete it doesn't make it spyware. It probably means there's still a background process that wasn't removed. How did you completely uninstall Adobe? Do you still have Acrobat Reader or something else Adobe that's not necessarily one of the Creative Cloud apps running? You can open your Task Manager to look at processes to see what's running. Also, if you didn't restart your computer after uninstalling, give that a whirl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I eliminate Creative Cloud and use After Effects without spyware running all the time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want AE installed but you don't want the CC app installed? That's not possible, and it's not spyware. If you have AE installed that's why you can't delete the folder you mentioned.  AE has loads of files in that folder. 
What makes you think it's spyware?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think there's no option to just install just the program you pay for? Why force another program on you? Substance Painter, substance designer, photoshop ... none of these are dependant on CC to run. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same problem. Just cancelled my substance suit due to this spyware/malware ( a program other than what you inteded to install). Got a new SSD and I don't want anything to do with creativecloud and its intense CPU usage on my computer. My photoshop plan has this hidden fee when I tried to cancel it, so I need to contact support I guess to clear that up. I would've stayed with my plan with substance suite if I could install it without their spyware. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they do rely heavily on Creative Cloud. From font syncing to licensing, tutorials, Libraries, and a bunch of other cloud services, these apps have CC  integrated into them. It's just how they work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, they've done it so you can't avoid their spyware, even if you don't want to do any of that syncing. This problem goes back years. Just the amount of different processes running in the background and messing with your CPU is insane. Buy up every good program, create hidden lincensing deals, use jargon that misleads you in thinking nothing shading is going on ... Everyone see's who Adobe is now, it's out in the open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines