• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ae 16.1 unable to allocate enough memory...

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Ae earlier with no issues (ver 15 I believe)

Installed 16.1, open same project and get this error.

Deleted prefs and reboot, same.

Create new project with 1 comp and 1 shape layer, same.

Update Nvidia drivers, same.

Anyone else having this problem??

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro

HP z840 - Xeon E5-2650 Dual Proc

64 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro P6000

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same error here on 16.1 on Mac OS.  Tried to troubleshoot similar to above.  Cleared cache.  Cleared memory.  Cleared prefs.  Warm boot.  Cold boot.  Dropped existing comp inside of new comp.  Nada.  Memory errors galore.Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 10.10.39 AM.png

Called Adobe Support, and we tried to troubleshoot for 10 minutes.  They finally told me to roll back and try to update graphics card drivers.  (On a Mac, the Radeon drivers are updated when the OS updates, not on their own.). Basically, I'm hosed until a 16.1.1 comes out or something.

No worries, though.  16.0.1 is bulletproof as-is.  Have to wait for the new toys until later.  Puzzling that 16.0.1 worked so well, and 16.1 would give me memory errors right out of the gate and right after a re-boot.

MacBookPro 2016

Mac OS 10.14.4

16gb DDR3

Radeon Pro 460, 4 gb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on Win and Mac. What a joke of an update. I can't believe we pay so much subscription every month for this bulls**t. Adobe should be embarrassed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Tim.

I'll do the same.

I have to keep learning the same lesson...don't update the first day it's out and browse the forums for those who did.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see my response here: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2611237

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines