• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 18.2.1 dropping frames

Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the latest version of AE because the previous version was dropping frames during preview. Build 8 version I just installed is doing the same. I'm on a Windows 10 Pro machine (Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0), i9-9900 CPU, 32 GB RAM, Nvidea 2080 Super GPU. Can anyone tell me the best version of AE I should use for this machine? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual applies: Check your hardware acceleration settings and your graphics driver. Also of course simply reevaluate your procedures: Do the framerates match in the footage interpretation and comp settings? Would a proper RAM preview solve the problem instead of forcing realtime? Is the cache configured properly? There's more to this...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked all of the settings. Didn't solve the problem. I don't see a green bar which means this version of AE doesn't create preview files. I set my disk cache to an internal SSD seperate from my external SSD media drive. Premiere Pro doesn't have a problem with the internal SSD media cache but it seems AE 18.2 does. I have 10 second sequences with multiple layers. I can see the effect playout when I export, which is a work around, but appearently the latest build of AE is regressive - can't handle this type of work. I guess I'll have to migrate my project to Fusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The memory cache indicator not even appearing is troublesome, so start by truncating the disk caches to the bare minimum size AE will allow to enforce mem caching. If this doesn't work, then you may need to dig deeper into the GPU stuff, which most likely still is the culprit.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated all my drivers, including the GPU. It occured to me the issue is that AE 18.2 is not properly reading my project made in a previous version. I've had this issue before with Premiere Pro. Adobe always doesn't read projects made in previous software version very well. In any case, it's not my GPU or system. It is the latest build of AE that is definitely buggy, so I will restore my system to AE version 17.7 that is stable. 

Thanks for your input. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe always doesn't read projects made in previous software version very well" I'm not sure how much this is true, I use AE since version 6 and till now I have projects made on CS4 and it's always working on the latest AE release, the issue you may face it can be related to third-party plugins.

Regarding your issue can you post some screen records so we can get a better idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Newer versions of AE were messing up bad. I rolled back to 8.1 and everything went better. I still get wierd dropepd frames from PR to AE even with the same comp settings. They definetly have something wierd going on that they wont try to fix and insist on a workaround for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines