• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2018 JSON character encoding....

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears that the JSON support in AE 2018 is somewhat limited.

I have been doing some experimenting and it looks like it will only work with files encoded in Western (Windows Latin 1). When I tried using a UTF-8 encoded file with Hungarian characters they came out all messed up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem ) 1251 does not work. utf8 does not work.
hkcfibZ.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/hkcfibZ.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I'm inputting and what I'm getting out...JSON.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend filing a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the frustration. Please file a bug here.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks goose023 & r2-no-d2 for posting.

One partial solution that works in limited circumstances is to to save the JSON encoded as Western (Windows Latin 1)

On Mac OS this approach covers all of goose023's characters except for the double acute accented u: ű

So this hardly not intended as a solution -- r2-no-d2's example characters, for instance, won't work with this approach -- but it got me through a few challenges.

Filing the following bug report:

Concise Problem Statement

JSON data files used in AE Expressions don't handle full UTF-8 charset

Steps to Reproduce the Problem:

1. Create a JSON file with values that include non-standard characters (like åéüÂàñÿåò Kompakt és felhaznát, kisméretü padlótisztitó ű∂ ñÑ ÿåî Ă ă  â Đ đ Ê ê Ơ ơ Ư ư ờ ắ ờ) (non US alphabet w/ accents / diacritics)

2. Use that JSON data in an expression to generate on-screen text (e.g. footage("sample1.json").sourceData)

3. Make sure JSON file is encoded as UTF-8

Results:

Different characters on screen than in JSON file

Expected Results:

Same characters on screen as JSON File

See following Adobe Forums discussions for more detail:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9904160#9904160

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9927469#9927469

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like the UTF-8 for imported JSON files issue was resolved in 15.1.1, but what about double quotes?  If a string value has an escaped double quote, AE 15.1.1 still interprets it as faulty JSON.  Is there a best-practice for inserting double quotes into the string?

Here is a sample:

[

{ "description" : "This is a sample with \"standard\" double quotes" }

]

If you save that as a .json file, and try to import AE will throw an error.  If the escaped double quotes are removed then the .json file imports fine.

Is escaping double-quote characters in JSON not supported by AE?  Single quotes / apostraphe's seem to work.

Thanks,

Arie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem still exists with large json files. It happens somewhat random. Sometimes it doesn't happen and I can't tell why. All I can say adobe products are never worth their money... truly abysmal software. The worst I ever used.

Trash adobe software has cost 2 people 3 days of work just for figuring out the bug and creating a workaround. The day adobe is replaced by a better product company the world will be a better place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Are you batch rendering - if yes, approximately how many Comps at one go? 
2) Are you using the new Multiframe Rendering Engine (MFR)? 
3) Have you faced issues if MFR is turned off?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) one comp queued 93 times media encoder with different texts and images
2) yes, and now I tested it with the MFR Emgome off

3) yes, exactly same problem. Non english characters are converted to word salad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The json is loaded via extend script and in extend script it's already visible that the text is damage (before inserting it into the textfield). The json is of course UTF8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines