• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2022 & C4D Lite Release 25

Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a question for anyone who is using the latest version of After Effects with the latest C4D Lite version.

Importing a vector file used to be a matter of using the Merge Project command, File > Merge Project.

The full version of C4D R. 25 introduced a new vector import workflow.

But it seems the new vector import didn't make it to Lite and Merge Project no longer seems to work on Illustrator files.

Has anyone else noticed this? Or am I just imagining things?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2022 Feb 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I asked Maxon support.

It seems when they created the new import workflow for C4D they removed the old method using Merge.

Since the full version has the new vector import workflow, it's fine there.

They never implemented the feature in the light version.

The only solution I could fine for LIte users was to import the vector file into AE, use AE's convert vector to shap elayer option and then export that as a C4D file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's disappointing...  I was having issues opening C4D Lite in AE22 and jumped through hoops to get it to work.  Now that it's working I come to discover that I can't import .ai files directly.  WTH?

The workaround I found is that I can use an old version of AE (AE2018) to open and old version of C4D Lite (R19), use Merge Objects to import .AI there, save it, and then use AE22/C4D R25 to open and edit in.  Not sure why I'm even bothering going through all of that but I was hoping to get familiar with the latest version of these apps.  

I hope Maxon builds support for this issue soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines