• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2022 Render Get Stuck

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects has been giving me weird problems related to rendering for a while now but I'm finally deciding to make a post about it as this ontop of the constant crashes when Alt + Tabbing on Windows 11 have cause a huge slowdown for me the last couple of days.

It seems that the more I render in AE while working on a project, the slower the renders get until they eventually just either crash the program or the program gets stuck while rendering. All functions will work as normal (ex. clicking menu's (file, edit, composition) - though they're greyed out due to rendering happening, minimize and maximizing the program itself, etc.) but the actual render will just be stuck. My current render for example was stuck on 86% (Frame 17 of 22). I've tried Pause and Starting the render again with no luck, and if I click Stop it just stays the same - the render doesn't actually stop it just stays stuck. This issue forces me to end the application via Task Manager and re-do the render again.

To add to this, none of these renders are large/complex/time consuming. My current stuck render for example is just re-rendering a 22 frame video, no plugins/rotoscoping/fx/etc. so that I can go back in and rotoscope it without the annoying "change framerate to match sequence" issue. These renders typically take about 1-2 seconds.

My specs are as follows:

Nvidia RTX 3090 FE

128 GB DDR4 RAM

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X

Asus ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

Samsung NVME SSD with the scratch disk being on a separate Samsung NVME SSD

Additional information that may be of use - clicking the Info button next to the render status gives the following info:

Frames per second: -3.14

Average frame time: -0.32 s

Concurrent frames rendering: 0

Start frame: 0:00:00:00

Current frame: blank

End frame: 0:00:00:21

RAM used: 4% of 127GB

I honestly have no idea what to do, but never knowing which render will be the one to freeze up AE and cause me to have to force shutdown and re-open is getting extremely frustrating especially when my system specs should allow for smooth rendering especially with simple, quick sequences like this one.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - to add to this - I just realized the actual render file itself will be finished and play fine (Just tested this with a render I just attempted). So even though AE is showing as stuck on a certain frame during rendering, the actual video output file itself is full/finished and playable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue, except my system resources continue to sit at 100% CPU and 100% GPU, however once it gets stuck, RAM usage drops to a level well below what is normal for rendering.

My info panel also reads 12 concurrent frames and it's just stuck overall but with the program fully functional as you said.

I'm rendering Chroma Key footage and so it can take a long while to render, so I need an indication of when it's ready as there's no way to know if and when to test the actual video file. It's strange that my system resources will remain under load even overnight when it's most likely complete if this is the case

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, the worst part is the render IS finished. If you go to view or drop the render clip inside of Premiere for example it will fully play with no issues. I believe there has been at least 1 AE update since this original post of mine and it has not been fixed.

I ended up RMAing my RAM thinking maybe that was causing it since I've received 0 help/replies on this issue but no, brand new RAM and same issue.

Next is my GPU (Due to the Video TDR crashes that happen when using Premiere) so we'll see if maybe that fixes it when I get the new one back. If that doesn't work either then I have absolutely no clue and I'm sure - as usual - Adobe doesn't either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the same issue - New RAM and GPU and a fresh Windows/ AE install - same old story; but (and thanks for mentioning this) like you the files do seem to be complete and working. The problem is of course, this wont always be the case. Such as strange issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have fighting the same issue for a week now, I thought I was the only one due to my drive setup.  According to the render progress bar the last 2-4 frames of a render that too 8sec are getting held up in memory for 45mins...

The only way I can get this NOT to happen is to restart and run the batch, but it comes right back the next time I fire off a queue.

HEY, ADOBE THERE IS AN ISSUE HERE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Rendered file is actually completed and playable, but AE hangs with the render not completing, forcing me to use the Task Manager to end the process and reopen AE. Really annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wanted to join this thread and say I've been dealing with the same issue for 2+ months now.

It happens for me when both Premiere Pro and AE are open.

Extremely frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same issure.  Render gets to around 94-99% done, but can't complete.

It's getting worse in the latest update.

PC Ryzen Threadripper Pro Win 10 Nvidia A5500

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem, I rendered a project earlier in the day, no problem and then tried rendering another project and bam, stuck at 30%, cpu 100% and gpu no chance, I try it a few times and then it's just stuck at 0%. I don't know what to do now, I've unistalled ae, changed where the information is, nothing seems to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as well. Any updates or workaround anybody?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2023 Feb 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I could fix this was to identify which layer was causing the issue (probably the most render intesive one), render that alone and re-enter back into the comp as video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For this specific file (comp heavy with loads of effects), it worked when I rendered in AE only. Premiere and encoder have to be closed. Not sure what was causing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jumping back in this thread to say as of today, 5/17/23 this issue is still present in the latest version of AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem with my issues, that's similiar to this, it was an effect that was being applied to a layer, that was stopping the render. Once i removed the effect, the composition rendered without an issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines