• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 3D layers and masks oh and Customer Service

Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems with AE regarding 3D layers and masks........

Issue 1:

I have a number of 3d layers - basically in a grid. They are sinlpe HD psd layers that have a mask on. When a layer is selected you cannot deselect and select another in the comp window. You have to click on a layer in the timeline first then back into the comp window. If you click around the selected layer/image, the nodes of the mask are highlighted in that direction - click off layer in top right of screen and top right mask node is selected despite being nowhere in it's vicinity. Any pointers?

Issue 2: 

When a group on 3d layers are pasted from one comp into another, their coordinated do not match from the original comp. Nesting this original comp in the new does not have that problem. 

(Using 17.7 and Classic 3d Render)

Issue 3:

Adobe "Help" has people who do not know the basics of AE when they take control of your computer. They promise call backs and say that you  missed the call when you are sat there waiting. 6 Days and still no promised calls, incompetent "experts" having access to my computer and no resolution.

Oh well. My work is well behind schedule and boss unhappy.. Hoping someone here can help, as customer support is a little lacking

TOPICS
Error or problem , FAQ , Performance , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

I'm not sure about some of the terminology you are using? When you say Mask "Node" do you mean Mask vertex? Or Mask Mode?

Also, you will need to share some screenshots of the timeline and the Comp panel so we can see what's what. Also, please include the Info panel in your screen shots.

It could be a graphic card issue. I assume you've tried closing After Effects, ditching the preferences and then restarting your machine? Try it with no other applications open and see if it still happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual info on your computer, composition, the PSDs and so on we can't tell you much. To be honest, though, it sounds like you're not very well versed in AE to begin with and may not understand a few basic things, expecting others to fix them for you. Sure, official support is useles, but they aren't meant to fix your project, anyway. So with all respect, perhaps start by reading the online help (again). Anything else will require much more specific and detailed info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you reply Mylenium. I understand that it's not much information to start with in a post, but one doesnt want to fill the whole page with too much detail as it is an introduction to a topic. Just to see if anyone else had such and issue and then delve deeper.

I have 20 years of using AE and have always solved problems myself but have never come across such an issue - hence the attempt at help from a "support centre" who may have encountered the like? Newly updated Ae? Possibly a bug that need s fixing. 

With the deepest respect  you have little knowledge of the experience with customer service or the AE problem - the latter is my fault as I purposely kept it brief. It appears you are not well versed in decency yet a quick to judge and patronise.. If you have nothing positive to say, or any helpull information then why not  just keep quiet and dont post anything. 

At least we can agree that Adobe support is lacking and leave it that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure about some of the terminology you are using? When you say Mask "Node" do you mean Mask vertex? Or Mask Mode?

Also, you will need to share some screenshots of the timeline and the Comp panel so we can see what's what. Also, please include the Info panel in your screen shots.

It could be a graphic card issue. I assume you've tried closing After Effects, ditching the preferences and then restarting your machine? Try it with no other applications open and see if it still happens.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time and effort to post a genuinely helpfull reply. I have ditched prefernces, uninstalled, reinstalled, ditched,.......but to no avail.  I was thinking of it being a GFX card issue too, so I shall pursue that route alone. 🙂

(By "mask nodes" a mean "mask points" so my terminology  is somewhat locked in the self taught mists of time. And yes appreciate that without screenshots it makes it difficult to decpher, but was not sure whether to post a short introduction or dive straight into minutae. )

Some with knowledge prefer to bathe in superiority and derise us unfortunates, whilst others are happier to impart their knowledge to help others. Pity there are not more like yourself. 

I'll give this place a miss in the future and not burden ya'all.

All the best

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just to let you know that it's not a graphics card issue. Bye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines