• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE and Media Encoder super slow in Macbook 2022

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me for posting this again, but the problem is beyond frustration. This particular project is a simple 30 second comp with 4 layers 3 text + 1 image layer, with just 1 fx (CC Light burst) and 3 keyframes on it. I clicked add to media encoder queue, and here's the time it estimates to render. Already 10 minutes elapsed. I also notice that the elapsed counter seems to freeze in between. 

johneh5FC4_0-1661252883774.png

This is happening on a Macbook 2022 : 

johneh5FC4_1-1661252943867.png

Windows laptop which is literally 10% of this spec power rendered 10x faster than this macbook. 

What am I doing wrong?

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by checking hardware acceleration settings in AME and AE as well as multiframe rendering settings. Such a behavior typically indicates that the program tries to render a frame, but fails over and over again and then eventually reverts to software-only rendering after twenty attempts or so until the game begins again for the next frame. Also check your render settings. Overriding switches and quality settings or forcibly changing the framerate can have a huge impact on render times.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johneh5FC4,

Sorry for your issue.

Something is definitely not right. Please try the suggestion given by Mylenium and let us know the outcome.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @nishu_kush 

I tried tweaking all possible settings prescribed all over the internet. Still no help. 

Here are screenshots of my configurations. 

johneh5FC4_0-1661315159028.png

johneh5FC4_1-1661315189778.png

johneh5FC4_2-1661315208831.png

I left my laptop on to see if the video renders at all ( a very simple comp as mentioned earlier) 

More than 1 hour still no progress. 

Same happens with similar other comps as well. 

johneh5FC4_5-1661315284724.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying and sharing the screenshot. Where the project and footage are saved? Locally or in external storage? I tried to reproduce the behavior at my end but After Effects worked as expected. If possible, please share the project (with media files) so that we can check at our end. Feel free to DM me the download link if you don't want to share it publically.

Also, please try clearing the media cache and resetting the preferences if you haven't tried already.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your continuous support. This file is stored in the primary SSD of the macbook. 

I disabled the light burst plugin and checked, but still it takes 14 minutes to render this, but much better than hours. 

I will share the project files here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

johneh5FC4_0-1662392004984.png

My Windows laptop with 16 gb RAM never showed this error message. 64 GB, M1 Chip Macbook upon hitting play button in a 10 second comp with just 1 layer and 2 keyframes. What's wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines