• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE becomes unresponsive if you drag-import from a Google Chrome download during realtime playback

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2016 Dec 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's certainly a mouthful but yeah, I'm often browsing and downloading things with chrome on my second monitor and I have finally figured out what was causing my occasional freezes.

Basically if you finish downloading a file with chrome and then try drag import it while playback is happening it will just freeze indefinitely.

I understand not everyone does this kind of thing and the easy work around would be to remember to stop playback or just use the file explorer (actually come to think of it haven't tested if the same thing happens there) but I just feel like there should be some kind of precaution to maybe stop playback once it detects a drag release or something.

So as for the 'question' Can anyone else repoduce this? (so I know I'm not crazy) or does anyone have any insight into if this is not fixable as its a browser thing or something?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Hi Incept2ed,

Are you still experiencing this issue? I will say that your workflow is a little unusual. Most people set up layers and animation with a bit more care and deliberation. That said, please file a bug report so that the team can reproduce and investigate your issue.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Incept2ed,

Are you still experiencing this issue? I will say that your workflow is a little unusual. Most people set up layers and animation with a bit more care and deliberation. That said, please file a bug report so that the team can reproduce and investigate your issue.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines