Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ae CC 2017 crashes when opening preferences

Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2016 Nov 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2017 release 14.0.1

previous releases wer fine! After updating to this version making new file, saving and then going to preferences lets Ae crash.

After starting again and loading the file last saved, message CUDA not supported.

Not going to perferences and opening older projects: A soundfile file .m4a is not supported anymore.

How do I solve this problem?

additional info:

Graficcars: GTX980

And yes, Ae was ok before the update!

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

14.1 that came out yesterday is supposed to resolve this.: https://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/after-effects-cc-january-2017-update-is-now-available/ so make sure you update your software.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2016 Dec 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here with crashing upon opening preferences, on a Mac with OS X 10.10.5. In my case resetting the preferences worked:

• Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) while the application is starting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 02, 2017 Jan 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work for me... however this did -

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great ! This worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great manu854!
It works for me.
Simple, smooth and clean.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting all the text documents in your version of AE found in this folder path \Users\your name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\version (14.0 for me)\Adobe After Effects 14.0 Prefs (Prefs-indep-composition, Prefs-indep-general, Prefs-indep-output, Prefs-indep-render, Prefs-paint, and Prefs-text), that's what makes it worked for me. Hope it does for you. Also hope that Adobe will stop using us as lab rats for its beta release. Some people's livelihood depends on them, and yet they find a way to mess us up. Too big to fail will not always be. Some will come with better software eventually. In the meantime, continue to eat our cake and be grateful about it....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences didn't work for me... But when I plugged my headphones... BAM! Solved...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem was similar on my computer.

And it is still not really solved , we do need a really fix from Adobe.

The trick I use is always have my headphone plugged in before I turn on AE.

Also always have it plugged in before I close the software , and never unplug it when AE is running.

As a previous user said on this discussion, it's due to system switching from one audio driver to another.

I think people how uses the same audio device ( and so the same driver ) for speaker and headphones don't have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE!!!!! after disabling audio it worked but only 1 of 20 tries otherwise it would just crashed again. BUT! i found this! After Effects or Premiere Pro crashes after starting

As soon as i seen firewall i i checked all of my firewall settings and everything was good to allow after effects to load. So I dug deeper. Opened task manager ( cntrl + alt + del in windows ) and looked for any anti virus?ad aware programs i had installed and forgotten about that had some kind of firewall. Sure enough.... I had somehow installed ad aware companion and it had a process running called lavasoftTCP.exe or something like that. I quickly unistalled it and after effects hasn't crashed once after 10 successful openings. Hopefully this was the only issue and it stays this way. So check ALL of your firewalls or any programs that could be blocking it. It needs to connect to adobe servers! HOPE THIS HELPS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue actually comes with user setting of layout. The Unsupported GPU is the major cause behind it. I have solve this issue by deleting all of pref files in the following path:

C:\Users\Type your user name here\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\14.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2017 Apr 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current Adobe Illustrator CC also hangs on preferences, and yes I tried connecting Bluetooth headphones. This is so hilarious!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too https://prnt.sc/gqc3ry 😕 After opening any project {for example: Klemen Hirci Diana Lešnik}, it's start freezing, then crash But when I see in Adobe forum, but now it's working fine

p.s This screenshot "Crash message" it's in slovene"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thx very much!!! also remember delete too all conf file with the last date, im only delete prefs of the program and dosnt work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines