• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Crashing due to "Renoir" plugin?

Participant ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am using the latest version of AE (17.0.0) on a 2018 MacMini running the latest version of Catalina 10.15.1. Before Catalina and before AE 17, AE would rarely crash, but I stupidly updated AE and the MacOS both around the same time. Now, AE crashes often with the message saying it is due to the "Renoir" Plugin. I can't even find a Renoir Plugin, and never knew I had one. I would be most appreciative for any advice you might have, aside from zapping the AE preferences, because I've already done that a couple of times. Thanks! --Paul

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Renoir is the internal name of the renderer. nothing to look for there. The rest is just "known issues" - Catalina is buggy as heck and so is AE 19. Downgrade if it's even remotely an option.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Renoir is the internal name of the renderer. nothing to look for there. The rest is just "known issues" - Catalina is buggy as heck and so is AE 19. Downgrade if it's even remotely an option.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium--Thank you so very much for this. I was worried there was some setting I had inadvertantly changed that might be causing the problems. Now I'll just save more often and hope that Adobe and Apple can get their acts together sometime in the next year or two.

As for Catalina--I've been using Macs since 1984. Catalina has been the first OS that I regret having installed. I had a well functioning computer before Catalina, now it's like having a keyboard and monitor that are connected to a can of tuna. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel your pain..I thought I'd be a good boy and update my OS and version of After Effects before starting a new paid After Effects job a couple of weeks back, and boy am I regretting it. Im on a brand new MacBook Pro but After Effects is not performing well at all, crashes alot, doesn't preview properly, and most annoying - Catalina keeps denying scripts that I have bought and use all the time. Not all the developers have updated them which means finding work arounds. Normally Mac upgrades are sweet this one has been a royal pain in the ***. Please Adobe/Mac sort this out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never thought I'd live this long to see such a mess coming from Apple. As for Adobe--after using InDesign since version 1.0, I totally get buggy releases. And now, my previews in AE are playing back super fast, sounding like Minne Mouse. Too much fun.

I'm wondering if it would help if I increased the RAM in my 2018 Mini from 16 GB to 32 GB? Or if that would just be rearranging the deck chairs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines