Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE hanging after Windows 10 upgrade

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I am experiencing issues with the "Change Color" filter. Once the filter is applied, AE 2019 hangs and I need to forcefully close the application. This happens almost every time I apply the filter. I don't know if this happens with other filters since I don't use all of them.

I had absolutely no issues prior windows upgrade. Both AE and GPU driver are up to date.

Any insight on this is appreciated.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could be an issue with the effect. Since it's a built-in effect, you'll need to clear your AE prefs and re-install to see if that's the issue.

Rename or delete this folder, and reinstall AE, and see if that fixes it:

C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\16.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the folder and re-installed AE. Still having the same problem with that particular effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's not ideal. Ideally, the application should perform better if your system is updated. I would like to know a few more things before we start troubleshooting:

• What are your system's details(RAM, GPU, CPU, etc)?
  • Does After Effects freezes with every project?
  • Did you try resetting the preferences? You may also check this article to find the steps to make the settings default: Setting preferences in After Effects

Let us know if that brings any change.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it freezes every time I apply that effect, regardless of the project. I did reset the preferences and re-install AE. Still having the same issue.

Below is my system specs:

CPU: Core i7-4790K

GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080

RAM: 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

8 gigs may sound like a lot, but for AE work 16 gigs would be much better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it crashes the memory utilization is around 60%. So it seems the memory is sufficient.

Does AE have any useful logs that show what causes errors and crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2019 Jun 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the system details and all the information. I agree with @Dave LaRonde. The minimum amount of RAM required to run After Effects CC 2019 is 16GB. I believe that could be causing the performance and stability glitch here. To know more you may refer to this link: After Effects System Requirements

Yes, you may find the crash logs saved on your computer. FAQ: How to find After Effects crash logs on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for the input. I will try to increase the memory and let you know if it resolves my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. We'll stand by!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2019 Jun 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe it's a permissions issue of some sort or a corrupt user account? Do you have another account you can test it on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded memory from 8 to 16gb. The same problem still occurs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi VidEditor247,

Has After Effects generated a crash log on your computer? Please share the log with us if it has.

Shivangi has already shared a link with you earlier on how to find the log.

Additionally, please provide the exact version of After Effects you're using: FAQ: How to find the exact version of After Effects you're using?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no crash log. There is a log file generated after I enabled logging. Not sure if it contains anything useful.

Below is my AE version..

Capture1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2019 Jul 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A lot of issues in After Effects these days on Windows systems are due to onboard GPU drivers.

Which version of Intel GPU driver is installed on your machine?

Let us know.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines