• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ae is not asking to change fps to match composition settings

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 500 fps shooting and i want to edit in 25 fps, but when i drop the footage ae doesnt ask me to "change to match comp settings" and it slows the footage, how do i enable that again???

TOPICS
FAQ , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE doesn't ask you this, only Premiere does. To create a comp matching your clip's settings, drag your footage to the Composition icon at the bottom-right of the Project panel or right-click and choose "New Comp From Selection."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to slow down the 500 FPS footage to 25 fps, select the footage in the Project Panel, use the Layer/Interpret Footage menu (or right-click), and set the frame rate to 25 fps. This will slow down the footage so that one second of real-time will take 20 seconds of screen time. 

There is no automated way to do that. The composition's frame rate has nothing to do with the speed of the footage. Footage interpretation is the only thing that controls the speed of playback. Matching a composition's frame rate to the footage means that each frame of the footage will match each frame of the composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines