• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Missing Output Modules

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed AE CC twice but the same problem persists: in the render panel I am missing output modules. I have read a number of other posts and none of them provide a solution to this problem.

My system is as follows:

• Mac Pro, 2 x 2.93 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon
  • Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.1
  • 16GB RAM
  • Firewall not activated
  • Quicktime Player Version 10.4

When I try to render and go to choose an output, I get the following:

Screen Shot 2017-12-10 at 8.27.38 AM.png

I would like to know how to get those missing modules installed and why are they missing in the first place? I uninstalled AE CS5 before installing AE CC.

If you need more information, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have installed some third party plugins? I remember that old versions of Magic Bullet Suite could be the problem. What version of CC are you using? Do you have installed the latest update for your After Effects version??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any third-party plug-ins installed because I have not used After Effects before this. I have CC 2018 and I just checked to make sure no updates are available.

I am also having problems with Media Encoder as I thought I could just bypass AE Render until I figured it out. ME is also a no-go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quicktime player is not Quicktime. You have to install QT 7.x to revive those output modules. they are all based on it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mylenium:

Thanks for your suggestion. It didn't quite solve the problem but it lead to the solution.

Quicktime 7 is not supported on my Mac any more because it's from the Classic environment. I ended up chatting with Adobe support and they took control of my computer. They used Creative Cloud Clean Tool to do a clean re-install of the software, and that ended up working. All the codecs are there plus the program opens way faster than it did when the codecs were missing. It took about a half hour or so to go through this process but it was way worth it.

So thank you for suggesting QT7 because that lead me to chat support and getting this problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is old but can you recall what chat support did to solve it? I'm having the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines