• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE not rendering parts of the footage

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2022 Apr 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I'm having an issue with After Effects and I was hoping to get some help, because I'm at a loss.

I have this composition:help.png

when I render through Adobe Media Encoder, for some reason, the 2nd layer (one of the video files) goes to black around the 10 second mark, the precomp named "1" shows up normally. and the 3rd layer flickers. I'm rendering in H264.

If I render through AE, the whole footage flickers.Just random black frames here and there.

I've reestarted, cleared cache, imported this project onto another, and nothing. Its a fairly simple project with no 3d layers or anything.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without knowing what is going on in your comp, it's hard to have any clue about your workflow, your OS, or even the version of AE you are using. The only guess I can make with the information you provided is that the problem might start with the two MP4 files you have in the timeline. MP4 is not a production format; the format usually uses IPB interframe compression, so 2/3 of the frames are calculated from the only real frames in the footage. The usual fix is to use the Adobe Media Encoder or some other software to transcode your footage into a frame-based, visually lossless production format. If that does not fix the problem, I suggest that you dive into the pre-comps and check the modified properties of all layers (press 'uu') to look for potential issues with effects you have added to the comp. 

If you are still at a loss, you can try splitting the comp where there are cuts and render smaller portions of the comp using a production format, then edit the pieces together in Premiere Pro. If that still does not work, we need to have a complete description of your workflow and see screenshots showing the modified properties of the problem layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick. I ended up moving each layer to its own comp and rendering one by one, then assembling everything in Premiere. I can only assume the issue was the MP4s, but as to why rendering each on its own composition fixed the issue, I have no idea.

Thank you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines