• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE's Essential Graphics Panel's names and fonts are being changed when imported into Premiere

Explorer ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm currently making some templates based on the Essential Graphics Panel for the 1st time and everything's working fine on After Effects, but when I import the exact same .mograph panel into Premiere Pro, things get quite different.
All the properties I renamed, changed their names to 'Slider', 'Comment', etc.
The font I'm using, 'Heldane Display', always changes back to 'Myriad Pro' when I edit the source text, and this is happening on AE as well.
If it wasn't for this errors, my template would be ready to deliver to the editor I'm working with. Since this is happening, I just can't deliver because it'd make things way more confusing for him.
I'm using After Effects v16.0.0 and Premiere Pro v13.0.1, both updated earlier this year to the versions I think are the most solid for me to use right now.
Please let me know how can I handle this.
Keep it up everyone!
TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first thing I would do is to update to AE and Premiere Pro latest versions. Also, it is better to use fonts that are available from Adobe Fonts. Anyway I suggest you a couple of things:

1.- Once you create the Template, click on the Edit Properties button for the Text Source in Graphics Essential panel and activate Enable Custom Font selection to allowing Premiere to change the font if it is not preserved. I know this is not ideal but at least you have one possible solution. (See attached image)

Captura de pantalla 2019-09-19 a las 0.05.23.png

2.- Once you have prepared your template, export and check "Warn me if this Motion Graphics template uses fonts that are not available from Adobe Fonts". This is only to know if you get some warning message when exporting. (See attached image) 

Captura de pantalla 2019-09-18 a las 23.58.49.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jose,

Thanks for your help. I'm already using the check fonts thing, the font I'm using it not available on Adobe's Fonts and that shouldn't be a problem since 90% of designers use fonts from around the internet that work just fine in every single software.

I'll try updating and see what happens. Allowing font customization might not be the solution I'm looking for, since I'm creating 20+ templates that will be used repeatedly and the goal is to save the editor's time, so I can't be forcing him to go looking for the right font every single time nor having a template full of parameters called Slider and Comment.

I'll let you know if you updating helps but it sucks that Adobe doesn't has their features working together, mostly after putting a lot of effort and hours of work in something that should be working at 100% and infuencing people's deadlines.

Keep it up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

are you using After Effects and Premiere in english? There is an issue that makes the properties name revert to default name if both applications are not run in the same language. The developers are aware of the issue.

Regarding the font, is your font available in Premiere ? The font fallback should only happen if the font is not on the editors PC/Mac.

I also would consider updating to AE 1.6.3 and Premiere 13.1.2, that are patch releases that fixes a few bugs. Both got released yesterday.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello yenaphe,

Yes, I'm using everything in Enlish, always had.

Also, the font's working on Premiere, in every Adobe Suite that I have and in every single piece of software that suports font costumization.

I'll let you know if you updating helps but it sucks that Adobe doesn't has their features working together, mostly after putting a lot of effort and hours of work in something that should be working at 100% and influencing people's deadlines.

Keep it up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines