• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE - Shatter Effect - just a big blue circle...

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I have a problem with the shatter effect (AE CC 2018) and hope somebody can help me (I've googled and researched, but nothing helped..).

I have watched several tutorials, they always make a text layer and then apply the shatter effect to the text layer and it works. When I do that, I get a big blue circle in the middle and the bricks on the outsode (shown in the picture below). When I set it rendered, the text disappears. Does anybody know what I can do? circle.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FIRST property in the Shatter Effects Control Panel is View and it has a Menu. The default is set to Wireframe & Forces  - change the menu selection to Rendered.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done this, but then the text disappears.. circle2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I set it rendered, the text disappears. Does anybody know what I can do?

Shatter starts at the beginning of the layer, you may have trimmed your layer so by the time you are seeing the effect, it's already passed that.

if it's a text layer, you need to trim it back to the true in Point. you will see a dash sign on the layer bar like this:

or you could simply create a new text layer and make sure you don't trim it from the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thanks for your kind answer!

Unfortunately it doesn't work. Also when I create a new textlayer, without trimming anything, it does the same.. Only if I start a whole new project it works. So I would have to combine two projects and render it seperately I think..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show a full screenshot of your Ae interface when you are placing the CTI (current time indicator) on the beginning of a text layer and with the composition and timeline fully visible so we can see what's wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Type Shatter in AE's search help field at the top right corner of the app and read the instructions. You'll only figure it out if you take some time to learn how this simulation effect works. It's easy to control, it's just set to show you the force field and the shape of the pieces and then blast a hole in the center of a layer when the layer starts and make that the shape of bricks. Everything about Shatter can be animated so you can change when things happen, what color the edges are, what image is on the front and back of the pieces and how the pieces react when the force happens. Saying it does not work means you are not using it correctly. There has not been a bug in Shatter for many many years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Rick said - for the life of it start reading the help on how the effect actually works instead of relying on questionable tutorials from people who often barely know AE themselves.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Provide screen captures of your Effects Control Panel and your Timeline. ENSURE you provide sufficient details.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines