• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE Warning: All target frames are blank. The Content-Aware Fill layer generation has been aborted

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I’m new to this support community and new to After Effects so I hope someone can help me with this problem. The version of AE I have is v17.5.1 (Build 47). I’m using Premiere to assemble some old 8mm film footage I had transferred to mp4 files and I was hoping I could use AE Content-Aware Fill to get rid of some hairs in the film gate, which are pretty much static. I have looked at a lot of how-to videos but am stuck at the “Generate Fill layer” stage where I am getting the error message “AE Warning: All target frames are blank. The Content-Aware Fill layer generation has been aborted.” FYI, I’m not using Dynamic link but importing the files separately into AE as a stand-alone project. I’ve attached some screen shots that I hope will explain the situation better. I should underline that I'm totally new at this and am aware that it's probably something I'm not doing, or doing wrong. Hope someone can help, thanks so much.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Thanks to Adobe tech support, this problem has been solved. The support engineer quit the application, trashed the preferences folder(s) and relaunched. Et voila, problem waas gone and has not reaappeared! He said that it waas probably due to corrupt preference files. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to Adobe tech support, this problem has been solved. The support engineer quit the application, trashed the preferences folder(s) and relaunched. Et voila, problem waas gone and has not reaappeared! He said that it waas probably due to corrupt preference files. Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem but I can't find any Preferences folder. Where would this folder be located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Yes, that was way back in January with the help of Tech support and I can't remember how he did it. Sorry, I'm not a journeyman user of Premiere and/or content aware fill but when the problem has reoccurred, I've found that rigidly adhering to the procedure seems to set things right. As I recall, it's all about masking, looking at the right layer, and selecting subtract. I found this video from Justin Odisho quite helpful. Good luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL0ZTEhH0Ew 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW they key is to set your mask to subract.You need to remove what you want filling from the picture. Don't think deleting prefs ahs much to do with it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! Something similar happened to me but no error message, just no results. I would continue to see the masked area with no fill. Went to Settings > Startup & Repair > Reveal Preferences in Finder, deleted that file. I also clicked "Empty All Caches" so I can't promise which was the fix, but when I reopened the file, the content aware fill was in place as expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had same problem. Solution is to adjust your "work area" correctly in the timeline. Work area must contain video duration. It can be entire or partial. Make sure work area is not outside of the video layer duration. Or just change it to Entire Duration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Actually you don't need to delete the preferences files. Just change the Mask to subtract and done 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines