• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AEGP / EggP? Parse aep file or use SDK?

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2007 Mar 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying get all of the text layers (their text) out of an After Effects Project (7.0). I have the 7.0 SDK and I see how I might access a selected layer, but I don't see how I can get All of the text layers. So this put me onto just parsing the .aep file and seeing if I could just grab all the TextObjects from within it.

It appears that a .aep is encoded as a .eggP,(Assuming that is where we get: AEGP).

Anyway could anyone point me in the right direction.. Maybe the SDK can get all Text Objects's Text, if not how might I go about parsing the .aep file to grab them?

In the meantime I have written an after effects script that will extract all of the text layers.. Perhaps that is as good as it gets. Figured I would ask anyway.

Thanks!
TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2007 Mar 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
We don't support parsing the .aep file; that's why we provided a full-featured API. See Text Twiddler and Streamie for examples of manipulating the data streams associated with text layers.

Also, scripting should serve you well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines