Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AEPG built using C++ SDK enable multi-frame rendering

Explorer ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Iv'e got an After Effects "General Plugin" used as a custom encoder which encodes a video data to my custom output file format.

The plugin is defined as an AEGP, and I'm trying to investigate how can I use the new "Multi-frame Rendering" feature introduced in the latest After Effects versions.

I looked through the official docs, but found nothing but super generic instruction like "Third-party effects can enable support of Multi-Frame Rendering through the AE Effects SDK by setting the following PF_OutFlag:" or "Set the PF_OutFlag2_SUPPORTS_THREADED_RENDERING flag in GlobalSetup to tell After Effects that your
effect is Thread-Safe and supports Multi-Frame Rendering."

But no concrete example of how can I do it, like exact function calls that would mark my plugin as such that can be used with the MFR feature.

I do know though that I might have to refactor my plugin to be thread-safe, but just for the sake of the intital reasearch, can anyone please provide a concrete instructions of how to mark a plugin as such that can be used with the MFP feature?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2022 Dec 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/ p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines