• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AERender Error -1701

Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm getting an error that I can't seem to find any info on.

Specifially, when running aerender int he terminal, i'll get this:

aerender ERROR -1701: AEGetParamPt failed at line 918

The only clue I've come across is somethign to do with Adobe ExtendScript Toolkit, which is deprecated and no longer even downloadable.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

_

G

TOPICS
Error or problem , Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Hi all,

UPDATE: The After Effects team has put a fix for the aerender bug in the latest After Effects Beta, version 22.0.0 (Build 87).

Rameez_Khan_0-1631208961082.png

Please note that the fix is applicable to macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and Big Sur only. It would be great if you can test the bug-fix and let us know if aerender works for you. Due to the complexity of the bug, you might run into issues here and there. If you do, please let us know.

Thank you all for your patience on this. 🙏🏻

Best,

Rameez

After Effects Commun

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rameez! Can you guys please update your "known issues" site so there's an official acknowledgemt from Adobe?

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/known-issues-after-effects.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

I'd already raised a request for the known issues doc to be updated. The changes will be live soon.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it will be great if the fix can be implemented to work for older versions of Adobe software as well.  I have some ongoing projects that I am continuing to edit in the 2020 version of AE and Premiere as issues arose when trying to convert the projects over to 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we thinking days, weeks, or months here? This auto-update destroyed my render farm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez,

It would be great to get an update on how this is going, or at least an estimate of how long we will have to wait for a fix.

Many thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nearly two months and no update of any kind...... 

Is there any word as to when this issue will be resolved? Is it the sort of thing that could possibly get fixed with an OS update or is it more on Adobe's side to solve?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi juicybiscuit,

I posted an update on July 26, 2021.

The After Effects team is working with Apple on a fix. Sorry, I don't have an ETA for you! All I can say is that we want to fix this as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Macos updatet to 11.5, error still exist ........ 

do you really care Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

srry for my bad english

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launching aerender...

aerender version 18.4x41

PROGRESS: Launching After Effects...

aerender ERROR -1701: AEGetParamPt failed at line 918

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I'd be more inclined to blame Apple, since it was their OS update that broke aerender. Unless aerender was doing something it wasn't really supposed to be doing and just got away with it until the loophole was recently closed.

Our solution was to revert machines back to Big Sur 11.3.1. For an M1 Mac, you can go to ipsw.me and get the image to apply using Apple Configurator. For other Macs you can use the MDS application to download the installer you want and make a bootable USB stick.

And then once everything is running with 11.3.1, don't let those machines update themselves until this all gets figured out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @fnordware thank you for your detailled steps for downgrading.

I followed these steps and figured that you cannot install an older OS over a newer.

So that'll mean I have erase my drive and start all over again. Am I right?

Much gratitude, Daan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you have to install fresh. Assuming your drive is APFS, you can add a new volume and install the fresh OS there, letting you keep the old volume as you migrate over. That's if you download an older Big Sur installer; the .ipsw route resets your machine to its original state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. Adding a new volume is actually a great tip, thanks. I'll just wipe down my tears and start reinstalling this weekend in one go ;')

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was not fixed in the latest After Effects update, despite users having identified this as a major problem several months ago.  Perhaps adobe thinks that their multi-frame rendering feature will be a substitute for background rendering, and is not particularly focused on fixing aerender on mac.  I hope Adobe realizes this is not the case, and that aerender / command line render / background rendering is a critical feature of After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope they don't see it that way. Being able to run aerender as a background process is handy, but our render farm is completely dependent on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We understand that this is an important issue to fix.

As I'd mentioned earlier, this has to be fixed in collaboration with Apple and we're working with them. Sorry, I can't provide any ETA for the fix!

Rest assured that we're working on this.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rameez for the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez

Thank you for the update

Waiting for a resolve a lot of video related piplines and AE tools are depended on this.

Liran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that you would like to hear, SequenceGroup.

We're working on a fix in collaboration with Apple. It's high on our priority list.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This remains a crippling bug in my studio's workflow.  Any updates or work-arounds would be a great help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back up to Big Sur 11.3.1, or whatever version of Catalina/Mojave. We just got a bunch of new Mac Minis for our farm and I had to set back each one. It was a drag, but worth it.

Naturally, auto-update has been turned off on each one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  That plan is alreayd in place should it become necessisary. My point was to Adobe, that they should fix the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac Pro 7,1 16-cores

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

After Effects 18.4.1 (Build 4)

Hello - RenderGarden user here, and I just want to add my voice to get a fix for this issue. With our system configuration (needed for other works) we are unable to use RenderGarden to spread the rendering. We get the dreaded aerender ERROR -1701: AEGetParamPt failed at line 918 message for each seeds.

I hope Rameez_Khan is keeping the pressure on the Adobe-Apple team to find a solution!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines