Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 not updating changes in original PSD file

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

After Effects 2020 doesn't update changes to my original PSD file. I've imported it as Composition - Retain Layers Sizes, selected a Layer and used the Command: Edit Original. In Photoshop I made a color change and saved the file. When returning to After Effects, the change has not been updated. If I do the same with an AI file it works perfectly. Has anyone else had this problem?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Hi Nishu,

Problem solved. It turned out it didn't work because i chose: "Editable Layer Styles" while importing, and the Layer I wanted to change did in fact contain a Layer Style. When selecting " Merge Layer Styles into Footage" it worked just fine. But thank you very much for your reply 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try purging memory and disk cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot Rick, unfortunately, that didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sten Olsen,

Sorry for your issue.

What's the version of After Effects and Photoshop are you using: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-find-the-exact-version-of-after-effects-you-... 

Are you on macOS or Windows? Also, does it happen in all the projects? Please test it in a new project with a different PSD?

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu,

Problem solved. It turned out it didn't work because i chose: "Editable Layer Styles" while importing, and the Layer I wanted to change did in fact contain a Layer Style. When selecting " Merge Layer Styles into Footage" it worked just fine. But thank you very much for your reply 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While obviously not an ideal if you're making a ton of changes back-and-forth, you can right-click the asset in AE's Project panel and choose Reload Footage to force the refresh manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kyle,

thank you for the tip. It didn't help me, though, but I figured out what the problem was – as I wrote in an earlier reply to Nishu from Adobe 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines