Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2020 stuck at "Initializing Mediacore" at launch, macOS

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I was opening After Effects CC2020 for the first time, and it won't open because it hangs/gets stuck on 'Initializing Mediacore." I've uninstalled and reinstalled, as well as restarted multiple times. I have a Macbook Pro, and any help is appreciated. 🙂

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My solution was also this. The same thing with  Avast in After effects 2022.I disabled it and my problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Thanks! This one worked for me. I excluded all adobe applications from the anti-virus software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys - this too has boggled my mind for years... but for me (Windows 10), I had to go to

Adobe After Effects 2020/Support Files/(Media Core plug-ins)/Common

and rename the ExporterAVI.prm to ExporterAVI.old and then it would launch without issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install: Resolume Alley!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me! I did this and uninstalled ALL plugins for AE and PR. I should've checked if it was either of those solutions, but changing the file name and losing all of the plugins fixed my issue. Immediately after my AE and PR booted up without any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when installing plug-ins I can't start After Effects because it gets stuck in Initialize MediaCore. Any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install: Resolume Alley!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, from 2022.. i was fixed this issue with simple solution, just ignore recent update and back to your previous version. it's work..

In case, i was installed after effect 2022 version 22.3 and it was stucked in Initializing Mediacore, all of way from this discussion is not working for me, then i just initiate to downgrade to previous version ; 22.2 and it back normaly. Also, don't forget to downgrade media encoder with same version. it work too for premiere.. Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines