• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects 2021 won't import or save

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've worked with after effects 2020 and 2019 and I've never had this problem before but I recently switched to an M1 mac and upgraded to after effects 2021 and now for some reason I can't import any file or save what I'm currently working on, it doesn't bring up any error code or anything , it just doesn't work, I've tried reinstalling it but still the same problem, please help

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On newer macOS versions you need to allow applications to access your hard drive for read and write purposes. What you need to do is to enter into System Preferences > Security and Privacy. Then go to the Privacity tab, locate the Disk Total access and add After Effects into the allowed apps. Restart After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This worked at first, then I closed after effects, started work on another project another day and the error seems to have returned for some reason, i already restarted my mac, restarted after effects and confirmed that after effects has all the necessary permissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Having the exact same problem (although haven't tested importing) and the problem persists even on root user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ayotunde5C5A & Pern,

Do you see any error message? What's the version of the macOS you're on? For testing, please try this:

1. Sign out of the Creative Cloud desktop app.
  2. Sign in with a different email id. It's fine if it doesn't have a subscription. You may need to start the trial.
  3. Launch After Effects and see if it works.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No error messages, AE thinks save was successful. Only way to save is to send it to Media Encoder and take the newly created project file from there. 

I'm on the latest MacOS version on a MacBook Pro m1 max. Encountered the same problem back in April as well, on earlier builds of macOS and AE. 

Haven't tried signing in to a different account, haven't even tried signing out and signing in with the same account actually, so I'll definitely try both. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines