• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2022 export messes up after sent to Media Encoder 2022

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically I make montages for games that are recorded between 300-400 fps at a high bitrate to make sure that even if i were to slow down anything i am able to do so in any given scenario. In this case After Effects Only gets green screen glitches as if it was losing frames when I export the project. 

I specifically use Time Remap quite abit so i know that sure if i used twixtor it should get fixed after converting the project to 3000fps with some makeshift fixes but like is this normal? like cant i really use adobe's timeremap function at all or what 

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Error or problem , FAQ , Import and export , Performance , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi swft,

Welcome to the community and sorry for your issue.

Could you share the details of the footage you're working with (frame size, format/codec)? What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? Also, a screenshot that shows the glitch. It'll help us to report the issue.

We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPU = i7 12700k oc 5.0 stable
GPU = rtx 3070
RAM = 32gb 3200mhz

OS ver = win 11 21h2 build 22000.739
frame size = 1920x1080
format/codec = h.264 

Basically the glitch was a hardware acceleration decoding issue that I managed to solve with 2 people from adobe's support over 3-4 hrs or a little less. We tried changing renderer's to software only. Did multiple tests with different formats and different export settings. 

If your system is good enough to run without it then id recommend to disable it when using heavy time remapped workflows. 

To disable hardware accelerated decoding goto Edit > Preferences > General > Import > Video Footage > and untick Enable hardware accelerated decoding. 

Also dont forget to check this article out just in case : ) 
https://helpx.adobe.com/in/after-effects/using/improve-performance.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often, game recordings are made with variable frame rates. I'd suggest using something like DUME from Rainbox (free) to convert your files to ProRes files first before importing them into After Effects. It helps a LOT with green frame issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I am not really sure how nvidia shadowplay handles their recordings I just know that usually my bitrate is set to 130mbps because of the amount of stuff going on screen and how fast its being displayed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know Shadowplay tends to use variable frame rate at default settings. If it has an option to not do that, choose to not do that. 😆

But, in the meantime, convert your footage a production codec with the same frame rate the whole way through, as I mentioned and those green frames should be gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines