• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2023 green preview with H.264 files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, what the h*** is going on with AE 23? Since I have the latest version I have problem with h264 files. All project files converted to newest verision doesn't read h264 format. Only files what I've created in AE 23 are good. What about my all projects created before?! I removed user preferences, uinstalled and installed few times AE and encoder, and the problem is still there. I wasted a lot of time.

[NOTE: The title of this discussion has been changed by the moderator to include version number]

TOPICS
Crash , Import and export , Preview , Resources , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

I updated yesterday and it's working for me so far. Will update here if I run into any issues. Thank you everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Hi all,

This issue has been fixed via Nvidia driver update version 527.56 and later. We recommend installing the Studio version of the driver.

Best,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 172 Replies 172
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pquaglino,

Can you share a sample H.264 file with us?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its for a small affect in the backgroudn of my comp. Like I said, it never gave me issues until recently and know I do apply a blending mode to it. Regardless though of th eblending mode, it simply came in as green.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Link to footage in case embed messes up. 

I downloaded it as .mp4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using AfterEffects 2022 for a year now, I have a 3090ti graphic card and I'm using Windows 11 latest update.

I'm using Gaming Driver from NVIDIA and everything seem to be fine before I updated NVIDIA drivers to latest version (526.98).

After I did a update now all mp4 footages are green with some dot lines on them, If I disable Hardware Decoding in Import settings it's fine but it seems GPU Video Decoding is not working anymore.

If I install Studio Driver of NVIDIA it gets fixed but after effects randomly crashes the GPU and gives me BSOD.

Crash.jpg

It became totally unworkable... Any suggestion?

I also play games with my PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rosseta25006064jmgn,

Sorry for the issue.

Engineers are aware of this issue. Installing the Nvidia Studio driver version 517.40 is fixing the issue for users.

I am merging your thread with the main thread.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu, Thanks for the info I have a good CPU i can go with that I just need to know if it's a official issue or it's wrong with my PC.

Hope you fix it soon as possible.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rosseta, I had the same problem, instaling an old version of Nvidia driver did the job.

Download NVIDIA, GeForce, Quadro, and Tesla Drivers

Install, restart, open After Effects and clean All Cache. That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marius, I had the same problem, instaling an old version of Nvidia driver did the job.

Download NVIDIA, GeForce, Quadro, and Tesla Drivers

Install, restart, open After Effects and clean All Cache. That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right. Update with the problem :

1-Purging the memory and cache made it worst (went from 15%ish of the footy green to 90%ish).

2-FOR ME, it seems that the problem is directly related to the dynamik link between premiere and AE. I imported the footage by CTRL+C from premiere and CTRL+V in after effects, and the problem is gone. Both sequence (the one using dynamic link and the one I used the copy paste method) are in the same AE project. It seems that the problem is not specifically with the AE readings of the codec.

Good luck mates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use videos in h.264 I get green frames in the preview and in the final render, reading in the Adobe forum I found out that it could be a problem between the Nvidia drivers and After Effects, the temporary solution I found for that is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l85oetptLvg
On top of that, every time I play the preview my screen goes black for a second and returns to the image, as if it had disconnected. I can't find a solution to that. It's not the cable, I already checked it, plus it's a monitor that I bought a couple of months ago and it only happens when I use After Effects. I would appreciate the help of the support team. I'll read if anyone else can contribute something. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system info we can't realyl tell you much. The boringf standard answers also illustrated in the video apply: Update your graphics driver, check the hardware acceleration settings, clean out the caches. Anything more will require proper details.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already did everything you say, I even went back to a previous version of the Nvidia driver.
Regarding hardware specs:
I have a 3090ti
i9 12th gen processor
64ddr5 ram
The screen is an Aorus F132U
By the time the screen turns off it is even more annoying than the green frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW I installed the latest nvidia driver first then reverted to version 517.40

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the screen connected? Have you checked the cable? Likewise, have you checked the power connection for the graphics card? The behavior you describe sounds more like an issue where the communication between the monitor breaks down, which could be a bad cable or voltage issues. Perhaps the card is even simply overheating under full throttle. Also for the issues with the delay when running previews try to turn off multiframe rendering and check the memory and performance settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen is directly connected by hdmi to the card, the motherboard is a MAG Z690 and the power supply is a corsair RM1000X, so I don't think it's due to lack of power.
The average temperature of the card is 50°C = 122°F

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An other thing that I just noticed it's that i have an other screen conected (the other one it's an old LG TV) and the only one that suffers that second off no signal its the main one (Aorus) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unplug the older monitor. Heterogeneous screen setups are a nightmare to deal with, especially when the differences are so huge. The older monitor is most definitely forcing your whole graphics system into quirks mode, be that by switching to an older HDMI version, changing the refresh rate or other such stuff that affects performance.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I'm late, I left home. I just unplugged the old display and I'm afraid the plugged in display keeps turning off when I use after effects. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. The issue for me was the latest Nvidia driver update from November 2022 . Try to install an old version. You can download a driver from October 2022 here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

depuis la dernière mise à jour d'After Effects et du pilote Nvidia, les mp4 apparaisent en vert dans after effects.

Vous connaissez la raison ?

Merci

mp4 vert.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off hardware accelerated decoding in the preferences under Import.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesssssssss merci beaucoup !! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just change color profile to match your monitor's drivers in project
settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another issues. Other designer told they have the same problem probably nvidia so not always having latest drivers or version of AE is a good idea. 😞 . Are they any old stable nvidia studio drivers please without having this problems? Thanks. 

316414961_10228226458303196_9203214061066648554_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The particular issue you are showing has nothing to do with the drivers, it's a problem with the hardware accelerated decoding of the footage. Turn off the respective setting under Preferences --> Import. Outside that it's realyl a bit pointless to go chasing for "stable" drivers. It's the running gag of the industry: Even certified drivers for the same identical graphics card can produce different results on different systems. So as much as anybody would want it, but there's simply no magic, surefire way of saying "Just download version XX.xx and it will work."

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines