• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2023 not responding

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, when I use After Effects 2023, I use presets. I find it alot easier then making all of the effects from scratch. The effects I use are often from plugins, such as Sapphire and BCC Continuum. But recently when I've tried applying the effects, the program stops responding. After about twenty seconds though, it goes back to normal. If I apply another plugin, the same thing happens and I have to wait again. This really bugs me, since it destroys my workflow and takes forever to even use one effect. 

These are my computer specs and windows version:
Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit

Nvidia RTX 2070 SUPER graphics card

Intel i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz

16 GB RAM

Any help is appreciated, and thanks for reading. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't normal or desired behavior. Are you running the latest versions of your plug-in suites? They might have updates for AE 2023. Also, when did this problem start happening and does it happen on all projects or just existing ones? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem started happening only a couple of days ago, before that it was fine. I don't know how to check if the plugins are still up to date, but I will try reinstalling them and seeing if it makes a difference. Thanks for the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:
Reinstalling the plugins didn't change anything. I haven't gained any knowledge on why it's happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rather than reinstalling the versions you have, I was suggesting you check what versions are installed and login to your plug-in account to see what the latest versions available are. Often times plug-in suites will release compatibility updates for major version of AE, and you need to update them in order to keep working properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines