• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 2024 - constant freezes and crashes

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using After Effects for over 20 years. I have a heavy duty fast processor, lots of RAM and new graphics card on a PC (trust me, it's fast). All my other software runs smoothly, including AE 2019, which I was hesitant to upgrade because "if it's not broke don't fix it."

Because of recent collaborations and because I'm curious about the new features, I've tried to upgrade to AE 2024. It starts up slow, it freezes, it crashes, it locks up my entire computer. Working with one piece of video and one effect it struggles. Why???? I've searched all the forums and followed every tip and setting I can find. Nothing is working. My only conclusion is that AE 2024 is a buggy unusable software.

The answer "upgrade to 128 GB of RAM" does not make sense. Newer versions of a software should be smoother and not require immense amounts of new processing power.

Adobe, please stop adding so many background process and bloated features. Stop treating your customers like guinea pigs. And please let us know when you have a release that is actually stable and an improvement.

I'm ranting here because if I don't say anything, you wouldn't know.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving over to Discussions. 

Sorry you're having so much trouble. Perhaps you can collect some logs for us and we can take a look at them? 

1. Start AE 2024 and go to Help -> System Compatibility Report -> Export report and then post that report back to this thread

2. From the Help Menu, now select Enable Logging. Restart AE. Now perform some of those actions that are causing issues for you. Go back to Help -> Reveal Logging Files... and find the "After Effects Log.txt" file and past the contents of that file back to thread. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me. over and over, I'm getting to the point where I can't complete work! any help with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you complete the steps from my reply above and we can see what we can do to help you? Perhaps a screen recording of what you're experience if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Thanks. I have attached them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Patrock3000 and @Nicola17r 

When I first upgraded from After Effects 21.x to 22.x, it crashed very frequently on the same machine.

I had to take the time to update all of the third party plugins before it was stable.

- Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines