• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 22.4 creates an Appdata folder on my Win11 desktop.

Participant ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not want this! It is MY desktop! All the folders in it are empty. So I always have to delete it.
How can I/you fix this, please?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Resources , Scripting , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The appdata folder is exactly the folder where apps are supposed to put their files. The extensions I developped for Ae, for example, store all images for their user interfaces in that folder. Are you sure that the Appdata folder is empty? Maybe the files inside of it are just hidden.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!
the Appdata folder contains (with "show hidden items" checked)
Roaming
Adobe
Common
LUTs and inside LUTs 4 folders

Creative

Input
Output
Technical
all of the folders are empty.

I know the Appdata folder, it is it being created on my desktop everytime I open AE that annoys me.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my normal Appdata folder (Users-Me-Appdata) Creative and Technical are missing. The rest of the structure is the same. Maybe this helps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I thought you where talking about the normal appdata folder. An additional folder inside your desktop folder is a different story. That sounds strange in deed.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange!

Have you tried resetting the preferences? Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after...

Let us know if it brings any change.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No change, thank you.

Alt-launch nor Ctrl-Shift-Alt-launch. Folder keeps appearing on the desktop.
It is not a disaster, simply annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and it also happens when I open Premiere!
With AE the Appdata folder wants to be first on the desktop, always. Premiere just creates it after the other folders already on the desktop! Premiere is politer than AE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines