• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 22.6 - "Empty Disk Cache" greyed out, can't manually clear

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have been trying to solve this issue for days now and I cannot find ANY soultion no matter where I look.

I am trying to empty the disk cache on After Effects, however the option is totally greyed out. I cannot click it, and when I try to clear it manually it has no effect. I have verified that it's the correct folder, as it's the one that's displayed in the disk cache preferences. I've tried everything and I am incredibly frustrated, as this affecting the storage on my computer as a whole, not just AE.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to reset the preferences?

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/using/preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the button is grayed out, it means the disk cache is already empty. Create a comp, all a layer, run a preview, then open Preferences/Media and Disk Cache again, and you should be able to empty the cache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still get a message when launching after effects that the disk cache is full, though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The message probably says that you do not have enough disk space for the selected cache size. Try changing the 22 GB to 18 or 16, or try freeing up four or more GB on your boot drive, or use an external drive for your disk cache. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines