• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 23.3.0 is now available for download!

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The April 2023 release of After Effects, version 23.3, is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application.

Here's what we fixed

• Fixed an issue that caused the Expression editor to display incorrect font.
  • Fixed an issue where PSD-based layers showed "Zero denominator comparing ratios" errors.
  • Fixed an issue with the Expression editor that caused text selection to be offset from the cursor.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when using certain MXF format files. 
  • Fixed an issue where migrating preferences from the n-2 version did not migrate workspaces and keyboard shortcuts.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Adobe Illustrator files imported from Creative Cloud Libraries to be renamed.
  • Fixed an issue with long library file paths causing the import to a project to fail.
  • Fixed an issue where OCIO color management didn't update the display color space when the project color bit depth was changed. 
  • Fixed an issue where ICC profiles were embedded in still exports (JPEG, PNG) when OCIO color management was in use. 
  • Fixed an issue that caused the RGBA channel to be available for unsupported formats in Output Module Settings.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when applying Look LUT from Creative Cloud Libraries.
  • Fixed an issue that caused After Effects to crash when resizing panels with EGP hidden behind another panel.
  • Fixed an issue where dropdown controls had stopped working in third-party panels.
  • The gradient dialog is now color managed and will display accurate colors when project color management is enabled.
  • Embedded images in Adobe Illustrator documents animate more smoothly.
  • Additional improvements to the performance of scrubbing the Current Time Indicator on Windows devices.
  • Fixed Cinema 4D issues:
    • Crash when extracting data from Cinema 4D scene.
    • Switching back to After Effects from Cinema 4D.
    • Connecting to the Cineware Renderer failed.
    • Redshift materials are not displaying in the Draft mode.
    • Non-ASCII characters in lists.

How to update After Effects to version 23.3.0?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

ae version.jpg

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Crash , Expressions , Import and export , Performance , Preview , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated 3 days ago.  Now I am having problems when I import psd files. It just froze and never restore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that, MaryAuln.

Do you see any error messages? Does it happen with all the PSD files?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all but most. I tried clearing data & caches. I tried creating another psd file with same contents but none of them worked. I would understand if it was only one spesific psd file but it's not. And there are no error messages. It just frozen and I have to force quit the program.

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unusable with exrs, even with the OpenExr Memory leak fix. Have to go back to 23.2.1. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not right. Do you mind sharing if there's an error? How do you find out if there's a memory leak?

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would not load after install. Rolled back drivers, didn't work. Went back to 23.2.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tilden,

What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? Does it crash on the splash screen or post-launch?

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Locks on splash screen. Pre-launch.

Nvidia 4090 528.49

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise
Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045
Processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3970X 32-Core Processor, 3700 Mhz, 32 Core(s), 64 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 128 GB
Total Physical Memory 128 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2023 Apr 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you don't use your system mainly for AE? 😄 ... I have nearly the same, only with a 3960X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAM preview does not play in real-time in this or the previous release. Using latest MacOS on an 16" 2021 M1 MacBook Pro. Reverting to AE version 23.1 works perfectly fine.

However, RAM preview is fine on my 13" 2020 M1 MacBook Air using the latest MacOS and AE 23.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update killed all of my custom workspace

Why??? So now I have to navigate to the old preferences and manually copy all the XML to the new prefs folder.
Why do you hate people so much, I wonder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm gonna repost here what I've just wrote on the support chat:

So the “big” After Effects (or any other CC App) updates always come with these safety nets like “keep older version”, “import settings”, right? All these options are very well presented in the Creative Cloud app UI. And there is also the Beta testing program too, all great. The third category are these smaller “point” updates, that provide quick fixes and patches for each “big” release and in general, they are considered “safe” to install, they serve as software support/maintenance. As long as I remember, these updates did NOT reset the app settings.

And that is what happened to me today, after updating to 23.3 all my settings, preferences, render settings etc. were reset to default. The biggest issue I had is that my custom workspaces were just gone. This is a big, superimportant feature for me, I have workspaces for different monitor sizes (laptop / 27 inch screen) and workflows – animation, editing, working with type, etc. Setting up such a workspace takes a bit of time – I use a lot of custom tools - scripts UI panels, extensions. Creating such a setup again, from scratch, is a really tedious task.

So I was devastated but I’ve remembered that workspaces are saved as XML files. I’ve found them in a folder from the previous version 23.2, luckilly the folder was still there. So I’ve copied them to the 23.3 folder and for a moment I thought that solved it – my workspaces were again in the menu. So I’ve selected one of them and then my computer went into a crazy feedback loop, automatically, switching between apps, and making the whole OS unusable, no clicking and keyboard commands were possible. A forced hard-reset was the only option.

So what I wanna say is this - these updates can’t work like this. It is really frustrating to say at least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I recently installed After Effects 2023.3.0.53, and i see that Magic Bullet Suite has also been installed with After Effects at the same time. However, i can't see or access Magic Bullet Suite from within After Effects. It's not under Effects Panel, Extensions, etc. Why is it installed (without ever asking me during AE installation)? Is it for free? How can i use it, if i can? And if i can't, may i uninstall it with no harm? Same exact question regarding Maxon Cinema 4D 2023 (i mean the full version, not C4D Lite)? Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Link focus distance to Layer" isn´t working for AE Cameras anymore. I have to copy the Expression from older Comps, paste it in new ones and manually change the Expression to work in its new Comp. Did the worklow change (highlight camera and the layer to guide the focus, right-click, camera/link focus distance to layer) or is this just a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest update imported audio files are playing twice in the first few frames after pressing the spacebar.

This makes it impossible to work with audio, which is essential.

I already cleared the cache, I can't clear my preferences because I'm in a middle of a project (and I don't think cleaning preferences will solve it). I have made a test with a clean project/timeline, with no plugins.

Tested in Beta and the same .wav file is playing correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: If anyone is experiencing the same issue, a temporary solution is to shift the audio layer some frames forward and it will play correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing audio in after effects is a big pain. I advise using a dynamic link in Premiere and cutting your audio there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing the details of the After Effects 23.3.0 release, nishu_kush. It's great to see that Adobe continues to improve the software by addressing various bugs and issues. I'm particularly glad to see that the Expression editor and OCIO color management have been fixed, as those were significant pain points for some users. The improvements to Cinema 4D integration and performance on Windows devices are also much appreciated. It's evident that Adobe is committed to providing a better user experience with every release, and I'm excited to see what other improvements are in store for After Effects.

English Arabic Self-Proclaimed philosopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roto brush is very unstable on AE23.3 on M1 and Intel Macs running Mojave or Ventura. Painting a stroke will almost everytime crash AE completely without warning. Sometimes I can get two or three stokes in, but when it chrashes, AE is just gone.

I would advise to stick with 23.2.1 if you want to use roto brush until this is fixed in a future update.

Rotobrush seems to work fine in 23.2.1, at least on my M1 Ultra running Mojave, and an Intel iMacPro running Ventura.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a really bad day trying to fix, in a hush on my freelance gig, clients calling, my reputation on the trash 

can't work with this app .. so slow

crashes.. don't open psd. after three hours of installing all versions, I was able to open in 2022 and import the project to 2023.. taking 3 hours to do work would take me 30 minutes. I'm going crazy here, please share how to optimize this app to work on iMac M1 24 inch 2021, 16 GB ram, os Ventura 13.3.1, 

got this message and only preview 5 frames max.. even in a quarter resolution .. =(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines