• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 23.5.0 is now available for download!

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The June 2023 release of After Effects, version 23.5, is now available for download from the Creative Cloud desktop application.

Here's what we fixed

• Audio preview now works when the Composition panel view is set to show two or four views.
  • After Effects no longer crashes when using Apple's SF Pro and New York Fonts.
  • After Effects no longers crashes while rendering the Bevel and Emboss Layer Style with Multi-Frame rendering enabled.
  • If multiple Fills or Strokes are applied to a Shape group, the Properties panel now shows the first Fill or Stroke with an info icon indicating more Fills or Strokes exist.
  • The Properties panel now snaps to its default width when part of a stacked panel group.
  • Changes made to Shape layer Fills and Strokes using the Properties panel are now applied to new Shape layers.
  • Rotation controls values in the Properties are drawn correctly after making edits to layer properties.
  • When making changes to multiple Text layers using the Text section menu, a single undo will now revert the changes for all selected layers.
  • Stroke Width is no longer reset to previous values when changing the Stroke type from None to Solid using the Properties panel.
  • Using the Cmd or Ctrl modifier keys to scrub by increments of .1 is now supported by Rotation properties in the Properties panel.
  • Absolute math operations are now supported for Rotation properties in the Properties panel.
  • When setting multiple Text layers to the same typeface using the Properties panel, the selected typeface is now correctly displayed.
  • The correct color values are now shown opening the Gradient dialog from the Properties panel after reordering multiple Gradient Fills or Strokes on a Shape layer.
  • The Composition Profiler no longer causes After Effects to hang in some cases.
  • Audio waveforms are correctly displayed for dynamically-linked Premiere Pro sequences, whereas previous versions might fail to show waveforms or give an "Audio conforming failed" error.
  • Variable fonts installed from Adobe Fonts now activate and sync properly in After Effects.
  • Variable fonts with custom PostScript names now work with Expressions and Scripting.
  • After Effects no longer crashes in multiple situations involving the Character panel, specific variable fonts, duplicate fonts, and missing fonts, amongst others.
  • Improved performance in the Character panel: custom variable fonts now display properly, duplicate font families are now supported, and Show English Font Names changes are respected in Favorites.

How to update After Effects to version 23.5.0?

Open the Creative Cloud desktop application and click the Updates tab on the top left. Find After Effects in the list and click Update.

nishu_kush_2-1687359452167.png

I don't see the update in my Creative Cloud desktop application. What should I do?

Click Help > Check for Updates from the Creative Cloud desktop application to refresh it.

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me parece una muy buena actualización.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2023 Jul 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, yeah this is a thing, can't even update passed 23.0  😕

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My After Effects and Adobe Illustrator apps keep on crashing. Im using an M2 Max 😞
It was working well in the begining - but after these updates they always crash (esspecialy when I use plugins) I've already tried reseting my preferences, uninstall and installed the software, and updated all and removed some plugins that I dont use anymore. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My audio cuts off after 15 secs.  Been doing this for a while now.  Nothing has changed with this update; still can't use audio over 15 secs.  What do I do to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is anyone there going to bother telling us what the 23.6 update entails?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines