• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 24.4 keep crashing! Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the latest update After Effects have become pretty much useless. I haven't been able to work with the program since monday. It keeps crashing at the startscreen, sometimes it goes through to the homescrren and when freezes, becomes unreachable, and when I have to go to Taskmaster to shut it down. 

I don't get a pop up telling me something. I have tried all the usual /Safemode, delete preferences, downgrade, Beta etc. But nothing is working. The one time only, that I was able to do someting in it, the program crashes when I try to save/export the project. 

My machine is way over the minimum requirements,  and Trend Micro/Open GL is not the case.

This Isn't the first time, Adobe! It is really, really frustrating that there keeps coming updates, that to me, feels like a Betatest.

My clients and colleagues can't keep waiting on this. What to do? And why, Adobe, why?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Have you uninstalled After Effects by Adobe CC cleaner and reinstalled? Would you also try to update the graphic card driver if you are a Windows user?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you uninstalled After Effects by Adobe CC cleaner and reinstalled? Would you also try to update the graphic card driver if you are a Windows user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Toolfarm

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, I have tried to uninstall via CC cleaner without any difference in it beeing stable. And all drivers are updated, and studiodrivers.

I have found a somewhat stable solution in downgrading to 24.1.0 (build 78), but that said, it still have issues regarding startup, and random freezes. Just fewer than before...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any other suggestions on this subject. I haven't been able to work in after effects for almost two weeks now. I keeps freezing on start up screen without any log or popup regarding the issue. The two or three time a day, I am actually coming through to using the program, it intantly freezes, when I open a file, or start a new one from scratch...

I can see, that I am not the only one struggling on windows, I have tried everything including CC Cleaner!!!

I can't work right now, now on the second week!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleagues and I have exactly the same problem. and we have had problems with AE for almost a year. We're working on new workstations from HP with RTX graphics cards and win 11. Adobe does not take their responsibility seriously, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2024 Jun 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Magnus_Thielsen 

Nope, they are really not taking any responsibility, either on the products or the support. It really isn't okay as the marketleaders that they are.

Anyway, Magnus. I found a way to make my After effects somewhat stable, after war too long time trying anything. If you right click on the After effects icon, go to properties. Find the compability-tab and in there set the compability to windows 8, and turn off fullscreenoptimizing. I don't now exactly why, but this make my program start up without any issues, and I am able to actually get some work done... I have attached some screendumps in danish here.

I am crossing my fingers that this might help you guys too. But Adobe works in mysterious way!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Mikkel317518799fc0 Had the same problem and so far your trick seem to work for me too.

And/or maybe clearing the cache. 

But it doesn't crash as much any more.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines