• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects 3D issue - when I turn on 3D button, it messes up my 2D layer

Enthusiast ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what's causing this. I have 3 layers, a map, a line showing an aircraft's trajectory, and the aircraft itself. When I turn on 3D for the plane, it seems to mess up the plane's rotation like it's burying it into the map. HAs anyone else run into this problem. I'm wracking my brains trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Thank you in avdance for any help / suggestions / feedback. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 7.27.43 PM.jpg

  

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 7.28.00 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 7.35.06 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 7.35.12 PM.jpg

  

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably have Auto Orient along a path turned on. 

You may not be looking at the Active Camera.

You probably have all three layers on the same plane. It is a good practice to offset 3D layers by 1 pixel, especially if you are using the C4D rendering engine.

It is also a good idea to use at least two views to set up 3D layers and diagnose any problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Richard, thank you very much for your help with this. Yes, sorry I forgot to mention that I did use Auto-Orient. I need to do that for the plane to orient nicely along the line. I suppose I could do it manually, though it probably wouldn't orient as well as it would in auto-orient mode. The problem is that because the plane is also a 3D layer, applying Auto-Orient seems to make it rotate into the map along a Z axis, rather than XY. Of course, that issue doesn't come up if I remain in 2D. But I wanted a 3D scene.

I made sure to pull the plane and line away from the map, Z wise. But the plane is still rotating on the wrong axis when Auto-Orient is applied. 

Thanks again for your help.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines