• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects asking to record screen

Participant ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased a new iMac and loaded After Effects. While in After Effects 2020 an Apple message appeared saying something along the lines that "After Effects wants to record your screen". I clicked deny. The new Mac is running Catalina.

My old system is Sierra with AE2019. I have never had this message come up before. It also came up in Illustrator 2020. I never had this message on old mac and older AE.

Is this something new with 2020 Adobe versions?

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

This message is new in Catalina, as the OS now informs the user of almost everything an application wants to do. This is in line with Apple's new advancement of protecting the security of its end users. (E.g.: Apps now have to be notarized or they won't run.)

Quote from an Adobe Staff on Reddit (source) :
"Hi there - I'm on the Engineering team. Part of the issue with these security enablements is that we can't 100% predict what a plugin may need or want to do so we have to be pretty open in what

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This message is new in Catalina, as the OS now informs the user of almost everything an application wants to do. This is in line with Apple's new advancement of protecting the security of its end users. (E.g.: Apps now have to be notarized or they won't run.)

Quote from an Adobe Staff on Reddit (source) :
"Hi there - I'm on the Engineering team. Part of the issue with these security enablements is that we can't 100% predict what a plugin may need or want to do so we have to be pretty open in what we ask for. Even outside of 3rd party plugins and because of how Dynamic Link works and applications inherit permissions, it is all a bit gnarly. For example, there is no need for AE to access your microphone, but if you need to dynamic link to Character Animator, we need to have that enablement in AE.

Sorry for the confusion - I believe there is a way for us to pass more information to that dialog so it isn't so confusing."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply and for the additional information. It is very helpful. The message threw me and I wasn't sure what was going on and I couldn't find any info when trying to search. Thanks for taking the time to answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, for the feedback!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The message asking to record my screen also popped up in After Effects 2020 for me, but since I didn't know what it was at the time I clicked deny. My issue though, is that for some reason AE isn't letting me mask anything anymore ever since I clicked deny. Is there a way to change my answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind I realised what my problem was, sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open system preferences, click on security, unlock, and check the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines