• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects can't continue: An unexpected error has occurred and After Effects will now shutdown.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have restarted my laptop. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I keep on receiving the same message. It is not an issue with permissions as I am the only user on my computer. I also know AE is included in my Adobe Plan. Please help!

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 14.07.20.png

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

If you're able to, can you install the AE Beta, available in the CCD app, and see if the issue continues. We have just put out build 24.2x27 which contains a fix for what we think this issue is (you're not the first to hit it).

Otherwise if you can't install the Beta, please go into your \Users\{username}\Library\Preferences folder and delete the com.Adobe.After Effects.plist and com.Adobe.After Effects.24.0.plist file and start AE up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on MacOS 14.x?

If so, please see the "Known issues with After Effects 23.6 and 24.0 on macOS Sonoma" section here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/known-issues-after-effects.html

Also, this should be fully resolved in our forthcoming release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am. When will the next release be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're able to, can you install the AE Beta, available in the CCD app, and see if the issue continues. We have just put out build 24.2x27 which contains a fix for what we think this issue is (you're not the first to hit it).

Otherwise if you can't install the Beta, please go into your \Users\{username}\Library\Preferences folder and delete the com.Adobe.After Effects.plist and com.Adobe.After Effects.24.0.plist file and start AE up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hope the suggestion above helped.

Feel free to reach out. Moving this thread from Bugs to Discussions for now.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines