Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC Light Swipe - black dots and line on render

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am rendering out a scene with a CC Light Wipe applied to a video. There is a black dot or line where the effect is placed. Id like there to not be a black dot or line. Here are my setting and examples:

Thanks!

James

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Light Wipe is a transition effect (as implied by it living under Effect > Transition). The black you're seeing is actually the background color of your composition, because it's punching a hole through the layer the effect has been applied to. If you toggle the visibility of the transparency grid, I'm guessing you'll see that instead of the black. 

The intent is that you'd put another clip/image below this one, because that's what you're transitioning to or from. If you want the center of the effect to be white, for example, simply place a white solid or shape layer beneath your footage layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines