• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects crashing

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe After Effects program closes suddenly when modifying fonts "Arabic language" I'm using the version 18.2.1 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jihad AlMubarak,

Sorry about the crash.

Does it crash while working with a specific font? If so, try reinstalling that font or try contacting the font manufacturer. If that's not the case, is there anything specific that triggers the crash? Also, please share the crash report.

We're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nishu,

It crashes will all Arabic type fonts.

usually it crashes when chaning the font type or when resizing the text box itself.

this bug has been there for the previous couple of patches.

Hope you have a fix for this.

Many thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi xLOREx,

Does it work fine with the other fonts? Could you try reinstalling the Arabic fonts that you mentioned above? Also, do you see any error message or crash report?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<crashreport serviceVersion="4.7.0" clientVersion="4.7.0" applicationName="After Effects" applicationVersion="22.0" build="111" source="Windows-Client" crashType="n/a">

Not sure if this will help. I have other reports

Will share once I encounter it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After effects error: Error attempting to duplicate a text object. Skipping the text layer.

(76 :: 53)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects warning: Unkown BIB Error. CT bad param: NULL font instance, BRV, 0

(83 :: 3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marhaba Jihad,

I'm not an After Effects user, however, just to assist with your issue, I just typed in Arabic, changed the font to different typeface, I didn't encounter the issue. Please provide more details so we may replicate the problem at our end.

My settings: Mac OS Big Sur v.11.6 • After Effects v. 18.4.1

Ae-Arabic.png

Can you tell us which font you're using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I'm an Adobe Creative Cloud Subscriber and have the latest versions of everything I use.

I'm currently working a campaign which involves various languages being copied from excel files and pasted into animated text layers in After Effects.   Nothing too complicated.

I am experiencing the same issue.  This issue actually begins years ago when I discovered while creating promotional material for a campaign in various languages that After Effects did not display certain languages correctly.

Even after setting preferences for type correctly and making sure the languages that needed it read right to left.

After effects was downright omitting characters or showing them differently from the excel file. Which is confusing to me since the excel file existed on the same computer that After Effects did.  why would Excel display the font characters correctly and not AE?   This would lead me to trying to find specific fonts online that other creators claim worked better for each specific language that needed this help.   Even that didn't  help.

Now while I have found some new info such as going to the Paragraph box and hitting reset paragraph with the text selected actually does something and seems to then display the pasted text correctly.   Worked great for Hindi.  But now attempting to do the same with Arabic using the fonts Noto Sans, Adobe Arabic, Al Bayan or Nadeem results in constant crashing while doing anything to adjust the text layer.  especially touching the Text Box and resizing it.  Crash every time.  I launch crash reports everytime it happens.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened again to me. . this time I created the text in photoshop and imported it into after effects.

Converted the layers to be editable text and had no problem adjusting things using Myriad Arabic font.

I tried to change the font to Noto Sans Arabic and crashed.

the Alert said this to me. . . . 

Last log message was: <75220> <TimeNeedle> <3> CTLOutlinePano TimeNeedle_ScrubRebuildOffscreen drawing, frame=667,0,1314,353

any help is greatly appreciated. I would LOVE to solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'm having a similar issue in this case with Adobe Arabic font which is from Adobe Fonts. This was my last log message:

Last log message was: <166030> <TimeNeedle> <3> CTLOutlinePano TimeNeedle_ScrubRebuildOffscreen drawing, frame=672,472,1228,259

You can find the crash log here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/after-effects-crashing-when-using-adobe-ara... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some additional info I worked with AE 2021, this wasn't happening on AE 2020 (had an old copy but this doesn't seem to be downdable anymore), did a quick test on 2022 and it crashed after trying to change the font type. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines