• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects doesn't preview the complete timeline

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I am new to after effects and i have a problem every time I set the frame rate to 60the video starts to be slow and at some point its just repet it self without playing the full video ( sorry for my bad en )

Title edited by Mod.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming that you didn't change the work area bar (the bar with blue handles below the numbers on the time ruler. It sounds like you computer may be having a hard time previewing your eniter timeline at your current comp settings. 

It could be a RAm issue, you can try lowering the quality of the preview in the Resolution/Downsample factor menu located on teh bottom of the comp panel. It probably says full right now, changing it to half or lower would take less RAM and allow your computer to preview a longer area.

Sometimes the preview just hangs up on the currently rendered area, pressing the spacebar to trigger preview again can usually clear this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally, a new version of ue 5.4 will be released soon, where there is a real-time motion design without eternal brakes, glitches, crashes and other things that have been dragging on in ae since the nineties. It will be possible to create cool things without nerves, quickly and conveniently. The company does its best for people and it's free. You don't want to redo an engine that hasn't changed in decades. By hanging a bunch of crutches on him, which makes him even more stupid. A long time ago, everything could have worked like in unreal engine 5 without the damn brakes and bugs. Unfortunately, AE is not able to load even a one-minute timeline. It just destroys RAM completely and crashes every day. This is probably the most buggy and unreliable program I've seen in 35 years. I use it because there are few alternatives with all the things that can be created there, so your company uses it and I do not want to improve it and redo it in a normal way. To make everything work and fly in real time in 2024, then!!! Probably ae will be so slow for another 10 years, and other competitors will get around quickly. While millions of people are buying subscriptions from you, you probably aren't going to move forward in the development of ae. Fools buy, well, that's fine. Why improve something, right? The cry of the soul. I know that you don't care and it's too blunt, but you see and know everything yourself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects doesn't play video from a file - instead it goes frame by frame creating a preview of a video.  Anything frame to be viewed has a greenline in the timeline.  With a video at 60 fps, After Effects has 60 frames per second to create in its preview.  Once your computer's RAM is filled up, After Effects can play that part of the video and then it will loop its RAM preview again.   

In recent years, After Effects has go very good at making these previews happen and it can do all sorts of fancy tricks like caching previews, playing while creating etc..., but I think you've just hit your PC's limits.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok I guess I will buy a new pc this pc is old thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what the experts suggested, do not expect that After Effects will playback any video you throw at it in real-time if your computer has more RAM (more RAM will definitely improve the preview performance). After Effects is usually used to work on short clips (and it is very good at it) unlike NLEs like Premiere Pro. Here's an article with more info on why doesn't After Effects preview in real-time: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-why-doesn-t-after-effects-preview-in-re...

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines