Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects doesn't render preview

Contributor ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

another flustrating day with AE. Not sure what causes this that I can't see anything in compositing window. I scrobble the time line but nothing is render. Many thanks.

96384ad5865ce89b7ad53d2c67f763fb

Adobe, please, rewrite this app from scratch. Can't believe that AE since 1993 after almost 30 years adobe can't create solid app without any issues? 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects 22.2.1

After closing project, app freezes and have to kill it in task manager. 

Snímek obrazovky 2022-03-21 012902.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Petr Holusa,

Sorry for your issue.

Do you mind sharing your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? Also, does it happen with all the projects?

The first thing I'd suggest is to update the GPU drivers (dedicated and onboards) to the latest. If that doesn't help, go to After Effects Preferences > Display > uncheck "Hardware Accelerated Composition, Layer, and Footage Panels" and restart After Effects.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 21, 2022 Mar 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nishu, thank you. It started after latest update AE to 22.2.1.

I will try that preference settings but I would like to use hardware as much as possible.

I have specification in signature, I have just put there more info, if need more specification to fix it, let me know. 

After Effects 22.2.1, Windows 10 Pro (21H2), Ryzen 3700x, 32 GB ram, Asus Strix 2x RTX 2080Ti, SSD Crucial, Nvidia Studio Drivers: 511.65

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I understand your point. However, disabling the hardware acceleration and then testing After Effects will help us to narrow down the issue. Also, please test if it happens with all the projects or a particular one.

Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I disabled that and somehow it helped but still I am having issue to close the whole AE. Sometimes I close the project and then close the AE and it freezes, then I have to kill it. I am working on this huge project right now. Other opened project I tried doesn't have any issues. If it's there some log file, tell me where to find it and can send it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After I send project to Media encoder and other problem I have with ME is again freezes somehow, not sure if something is going on or the frames are rendered. It stuck is some specific frame and stays like 5 min. Also elapsed time stuck and not sure if it's running or not. 😞 

Snímek obrazovky 2022-03-22 130414.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines