• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error 205

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, yesterday everything was working fine.

Today, I open up After Effects, I'm getting an error

Sorry, After Effects has encountered an error and needs to close.

Use Reference code 205.

Screenshot 2019-06-20 at 14.41.12.jpg

The stuff that I tried:

Reinstalling After Effects

Direct download & install without Creative Cloud installer

Deleting Older After Effects

Reinstalling Creative Cloud

Redownloading Creative Cloud and installing After Effects over different network

Adobe Cleaner

Deleting preferences

Checking permissions

Checking firewall

Nothing worked

So then I did a timemachine backup restore to yesterday.

I booted up After Effects, seemed to work.. UNTIL.. I logged into Creative Cloud.

Boom. Error.

So I logged out again.

And restarted After effects.

It seems to work, can't do anything because I have to log into Creative Cloud, and the moment that I do that, I get the error.

The older After Effects and other adobe software are not affected.

Please please please please let there be a fix.

I've searched the forums and have seen all the suggestions, both typed and copy pasted from manuals.

Looking forward hearing your thoughts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

(cross posted from a thread that is experiencing a similar problem)

EDITED:

Suggestion to try:

1. You can try deleting entries in login keychain > Secure Notes that start with Adobe *

It seems like the individuals experiencing this issue are on Mac - is this issue seen by anyone on Win?

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(cross posted from a thread that is experiencing a similar problem)

EDITED:

Suggestion to try:

1. You can try deleting entries in login keychain > Secure Notes that start with Adobe *

It seems like the individuals experiencing this issue are on Mac - is this issue seen by anyone on Win?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2019 Jun 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem was resolved fairly quickly after contacting Adobe through chat and granting remote access.  It did have something to do with the login keychain. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

#2 Worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2022 Apr 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Im having this problem on Win 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this same issue with AE running Windows 10 Pro. Please help! Driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem on Windows 10. The issue is happening on both AE 2022 and 2021. I haven't tried other versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening on Win as well... smh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm on windows too with the same issue (205). I got it working again. here is how i did it.

Assuming that this issue is a credentials / keychain / login issue like the Mac users described it here I thought we could do the same solving strategy on the windows side. --> deleting all Adobe related credentials in windows credentials manager. You can find it here: Control Panel\User Accounts\Credential Manager

before Removing anything make sure you create an up-to-date backup of your credentials saved in the credentials manager.

Since I've installed a ton of Adobe Software I had to remove over 200 entries and since Microsoft did not support a search tool or multiple deletions at once I've wrote a small Batch-Script to do that sorting and delete everything with Adobe in its name:

@echo off
echo Creating temporary Lists...
cmdkey.exe /list > "%TEMP%\List.txt"
findstr.exe Target "%TEMP%\List.txt" > "%TEMP%\tokensonly.txt"
findstr.exe Adobe "%TEMP%\tokensonly.txt" > "%TEMP%\adobetokensonly.txt"
for /f "usebackq" %%b in (`type %TEMP%\adobetokensonly.txt ^| find "" /v /c`) do echo found %%b entries with "Adobe"
echo Next step is removing all entries that contain Adobe Credentials
pause
echo Removing of credentials started
FOR /F "tokens=1,3 delims=:" %%G IN (%TEMP%\adobetokensonly.txt) DO cmdkey.exe /delete:LegacyGeneric:%%H
echo Removing of credentials finished
echo Removing temporary Lists...
del "%TEMP%\List.txt" /s /f /q
del "%TEMP%\tokensonly.txt" /s /f /q
del "%TEMP%\adobetokensonly.txt" /s /f /q
echo All done!
pause

You could copy that into a notepad and save it as batch file. e.g.: AdobeCredRemover.bat
Close all Adobe applications before you run this as administrator.
I've built some halts during the script so you have to "enter" through the steps.

If you want to be on the safe side you could manually remove the credentials with Adobe in its name.

Disclaimer: I'm not an Adobe employee. If you mess up your system using my script above. It is your and only your Problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I just encountered the same issue, when after updating Premiere Pro (Beta).

So when this happens, the login informations got corrupted by an update?

Your solution was the only one I could find and it worked. Thank you very much for that. The batch file saved a ton of time. 🙂

I also didn't need to reinstalled / download anything. Just reset my login.

For everybody using this batch script - it isn't localization agnositc. If it doesn't work - check what "Target" is called in your language.

It's a shame this isn't addressed in any official help page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your welcome!
I didn't know that their was a localised version of the target tag. I'm sorry for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2022 May 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this solution worked for me on Windows 10.
Thanks dude, You're a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You, sir, are a wizard. Worked like a charm. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great work on this batch file!  It worked!  I also am surprised adobe did not streamline something similar for a possible resolution.  Maybe fear of risk into liability here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. Thank you so much! You are a true hero!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2022 Jun 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Worked like a charm. That batch file saved my life. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2023 Jul 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolute legend. tysm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After literally everything that you can try (clear cache, reinstall everything, logging out and in cc, deleting all my beloved plugins, messing with txt files in the mediacore folder) THIS worked. THANK YOU!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh. Today again after ~6 hours working in AE. Working between PPro & AE (not using linked comps). Closed AE. Opened AE little later. Same error again.

I reinstalled AE, no change. I trashed preferences, no change... Will have to delete adobe keys again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2019 Jul 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This behavior is very strange. I would recommend you to contact our phone/chat support team once. They'll have an option to access your computer remotely and see what is causing the issue to happen.

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks shivangi gupta will do if it happens again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This occurred when I sent some files from Premiere to After Effects via Dynamic Link.

Activity monitor wouldn't allow me to quit or force quit the 3 instances of Adobe CEF Helper. Updated to the latest AE and Premiere to see if that solved the trick, and... the results are in: Problem solved with Premiere 13.1.4 Magician and After Effects 16.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know. I'm sure it will be useful for other users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. This was driving me insane for weeks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED! I deleted the security notes in the key chain and that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines