• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: Ray-trace 3D ( 5070 :: 0 )

Explorer ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create extruded vector shapes in AE CS6 and get the below error after clicking on the enable 3D toggle for the layer.

After Effects error: Ray-trace 3D: Out of paged mapped memory for ray tracer.

( 5070 :: 0 )

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

The After Effects CC (12.2) update and After Effects CS6 (11.0.4) update include fixes and changes regarding the OptiX library for the ray-traced 3D renderer that make VRAM handling better, prevent crashes, and otherwise improve the experience in this area.

Let us know how it's working for you after you've installed the updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 294 Replies 294
New Here ,
May 17, 2012 May 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even i dont have macs with Nvidia cards , both imac and MBP are with ATI cards, i installed latest cuda driver  and it worked !!!

Why is this i dont know .....

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda-mac-driver.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming, John.

Can everyone on this thread try that solution and let us know if it works for you?

Yes, this is odd, and not intended behavior. We're looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the latest cuda drivers and nvidia card drivers from the start.

What i will try is uninstalling AE again, overwriting the cuda and nvida drivers again, restarting, then installing AE.

I'll let you know what happens...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John's solution does not work, atleast on my system with a Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 card.

Really getting tired of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the driver and otherwise didn't do anything. Ray-traced renderer now works and I'm no longer getting an error when I quit After Effects.

Again, this is on a 2.2 GHz Macbook Pro with 8 GB of RAM, 6750M Radeon, upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.7.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work. Reinstalled AE and it still will not see CUDA. Ray-trace does work, just very very very very slowly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of us on nvidia cards, who already had the CUDA drivers installed. It does nothing. Atleast for me.

Quite frankly, if the solution for ATI cards is to install nvidia software technology, then something is very broken in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ray-Trace is going very very slowly for me as well, but I attributed that more to the specs on my machine than anything else.

There's got to be a better way for a solution, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that solution mentioned by cltcutters works for me too. Just did it and it works just fine. Finally, some sort of solution. iMac here, mid 2011, AMD 6750m. So, it remains strange that CUDA driver did something and not having nvidia card installed. But, it is solution until Adobe clarifies things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a solution for ATI cards to be clear. Not our "supported" Nvidia cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tavis, you're angry/dissapointed and I can understand that. But I'm sure issue will be solved for everybody pretty soon. Rgds, Nesha.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just being clear here. When you say "here's a solution", it's important to be specific or preface it.

Those of us with the officially "supported" cards won't find any sort of benefit to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was specific and quite clear with "works for ME too...iMac, ATI 6750m.." And Adobe got your point too, I'm sure. Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nesha, i'll be convinced Adobe get's my point when then deliver.

But i'm glad the dog slow software renderer is working out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, BIG thanks to cltcutters for having unconventional approach, i.e. not following logical ways of solving problem and for sharing the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 13, 2013 Jan 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John Spirou's solution on Page 3 worked for me...I was getting these erros and did NOT have Nvidia cards, but installing the Cuda Driver still worked for me! Solved the problem!

On Page 3 John wrote:

'even i dont have macs with Nvidia cards , both imac and MBP are with ATI cards, i installed latest cuda driver  and it worked !!!

Why is this i dont know .....'

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda-mac-driver.html  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this error on one of 2 Mac Pro 5,1.

Just installed 2 EVGA GTX 670 FTW 2GB cards across 2 of the same Mac Pro's

1 of them are working flawlessly.

1 is stating this issue in AE. Although GPU mercurcy engine works fine in Premiere.

Running CS6 everything on all Mac's (adobe cloud)

All of them have the most up to date CUDA drivers, and have had the hack applied carefully.

Currently uninstalling and reinstalling AE6 to see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling AE and reapplying the hack did not help. It still shows the error, and diasbles raytracer for GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2013 Jan 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rickercraig: I've been on this thread for months with the same problem, and have the same config as you. Pretty sure the difference between working and not working is in a random config file from a previous install. Doesn't seem to happen on clean installs on a clean OS. Do you recall the difference between the 2 MacPro's in terms of previous Adobe software installed?

You're actually in the best position to figure this out, since you have a clean reference to go by.

You could use a tool like Sync Checker to do a byte level comparison of the adobe folders on both machines, and see where the difference is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- What operating system are you using? Windows 7 64 Bit

- Did you upgrade your operating system from a previous version? If so, which one? - Absolutely clean install

- What is the model of your CPU? Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2690 @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz (2 processors)

- What is the model of your GPU? Quadro 6000 & Tesla C2075

- What is the version number of your graphics driver? If you have an Nvidia card, what is the version of your CUDA driver? Nvidia 296.70 CUDA 4.0.1

Could someone get back to me on this? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ray-traced renderer is still working after installing the Nvidia driver on my Radeon machine, but now I'm getting this error again:

After Effects Alert

Last log message was: <140735189834080>

<ae.blitpipe> <2> HardwareBlitpipe Disengaged

Generating crash log, which may take a few minutes

Any idea what is is all about and how to fix it? Should I open another thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Should I open another thread?

Yes. Let's keep this thread just about the error in the subject line.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 20, 2012 May 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUCCESS!   I don't know if it will help you guys track down cause of this bug, but my Mac going to sleep causes this 5070 :: 0 error to happen EVERY time. On a long render, my Mac was going to sleep. When I woke it up I would always get this error. I changed my Mac Pro (model 5,1 / 32 GB RAM / nVidia Quadro 4000) Energy saver to "Never" sleep and I haven't had the error since. I still have my screens sleep, but not my Mac. Yay! I have tested many long Raytracing renders since and no crashes.

I can't believe how awesome the raytracer is. Check out the attached. This is all After Effects

sample.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My iMac was set to "Never" in Energy Saver and it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it have something to do with having two 2 gig memory chips and two 4 gig memory chips?  I mean, as opposed to having all of them be 2 or 4 gigs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines