• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: string memory leak ( 83 :: 2 )

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to the latest AE, I'm getting this error every time I close out of After Effects - basically crashing on exit.  Anyone else?

This is on a Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 750M.  Haven't upgraded the PC workstation yet to see it is replicated on that system.

Shawn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Definitely file a bug, Shamer.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incept2ed  wrote

I get it a fair bit.

Have even had my computer BSOD straight after

might head back to 2017

I nearly couldn't hold back laughter when i read you "might" head back 2017.   I almost spit coffee all over my monitors.

You're "thinking" about going to 2017, huh?    LOL

I'd love to hear your list of "pros" & "cons" that you're considering to help you make up your mind.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gutter-Fish  wrote

I'd love to hear your list of "pros" & "cons" that you're considering to help you make up your mind.

Pros: Literally everything

Cons: ummmm... I gotta download it uhhh yeahhh

In all seriousness tho I get why you would laugh, I kinda laughed at myself after I wrote it, it was kinda a confirmation thing reading all this and writing it down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried putting 20/32GB RAM on reserve for other apps, which is a lot being that AE is the only active app, still encounter memory leaks. seems like the problem may be in the memory caching or if it even caches at all. if I don't manually empty all cache, it goes viral in about an hour with 12GB RAM for AE so that it will eat the reserve RAM slowly. for me I can get by, just adds a higher level of maintenance than having to get the Windows error for no RAM left for it then pc reboots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after effects cc 2018 start up problem:

How do I disable it?  don't show new composition at start up,just quite open the program like 2017,

because I hate it asking every time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing is happening to me every time I close After Effects.  I have no problem with the program itself just get this error message. 

Imac (retina 5K, 27 inch, late 2015)

OSx - 10.11.5

Processor 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 24GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I have no problem with the program itself just get this error message.

This message emanates from a sub-component of AE (CORp_BIBError), and is probably the mark of a glitch in one of the AE plugins, but it is otherwise harmless when quitting, and I wish there was a way to turn it off, but did not find any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 01, 2017 Dec 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Agreed  I get it occasionally. In fact It's happened to me twice this week and I don't know what triggers it exactly but it's harmless.

It's like when I occasionally get that "stuff not in the right bag" error, I just ignore it.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still crashing on Quit Shamer? Can you please file a bug report here?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I get same error messageScreen Shot 2017-12-04 at 11.39.40.png

But, it doesn't seem to affect any saved projects or working.

So why don't Adobe replace this warning box with another weird piece of artwork from Behance or better still wait a minute and show the start screen again... that should speed things up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/sequence+W4  wrote

So why don't Adobe replace this warning box with another weird piece of artwork from Behance or better still wait a minute and show the start screen again... that should speed things up!

That's funny.   That's like asking the mayor of a beach-side community that's slowly sliding into the sea why they don't repaint the yellow lines on main street a little further apart so the line up with the wheel base of most modern sedans.

But if recent history is any indicator they've probably already got half the team working on your suggestion.  The character panel will have to wait!!!!

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gutterfish back at it again with the sassy replies

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incept2ed  wrote

Gutterfish back at it again with the sassy replies

You DO realize you're speaking with a man who once slept with Bridget Bardot?  Soo........

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never had it before today, and then twice. It did not happen when closing the app, it did while trying to move add a comp from the Projects list. The app just freezes.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but before it started doing this, I had an issue when importing another AE file as I wanted one of the comps there. There was some duplicate script and I kept getting variable errors even after I deleted the doubled version. Anyway, I restarted AE and the script errors were gone. Straight after I started having this memory leak error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I get the message when I quit the program, every time. Other than the error message window, it doesn't seem to be hurting anything.

But would love a fix for this, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting the same error almost every time I closed AE (on Windows 7).

So I did some testing on my own and found that it appears to be caused by a lag in the "sync" operation. So I went into Preferences > Sync Settings and disabled the items checked (which basically sync up the presets and shortcuts to my other machine).

Ever since I disabled the sync settings, the error has not appeared.

So it looks like Adobe needs to do some further refinement on the sync operations. I'm using an Enterprise version of Creative Cloud if that makes any difference. I log in using a Federated ID (which is always on since it requires TypeKit to function).

Hope this helps!

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you may be right Eric.  I don't usually have the CC app running but I had it running for the past couple of days and got the error several times, also got the "stuff not in the right bag" error a couple of times.  Killed the CC app and have not had the error since.

Could be a coincidence or it could be the source of the problem.

~Gutterfish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had this error twice now when exiting AFX.  After the first error, I saw this forum thread and disabled sync settings in AFX (as Eric suggested).  Didn't see the error again until today.

I don't leave the CC app open (but turned off sync settings there also)

hmmm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

je n'ai pas l impression d'un crash. plutot d'un avertissement , mais cela le fait aussi sur mon système  mac  book pro 2014.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely file a bug, Shamer.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin--are people reporting install errors on the 15.0.1 update?  I get the same type of error when I try to update any of the apps.  I've submitted bug reports for AE and PPro.

Exit Code: 146

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeAfterEffects15AllTrial', version:15.0.1.73

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeAfterEffects15AllTrial Version: 15.0.1.73). Error code: '146'

WARN: Failed to move directory '/.adobeTemp/47F15A6A-FFD6-4517-A3AA-150C16330680/1/universal/Professional' to '/System/Library/Components/PDFImporter.component/Adobe After Effects CC 2018'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same error when closing after effects CC 2018

screenshot.png

Any more info on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Mac 10.13.2, AE 15.0.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just really, really disheartening.  I waited a couple months after High Sierra was released before updating to it, solely because I didn't want it to affect my AE stuff.  Wrong, I know.  I've been crippled with the memory stuff (having to constantly clear RAM, the stupid overlay issues of not being able to right-click on my second screen, etc.). I have only myself to blame.  Just wish Adobe could pump out an update here quick.  I like CC 2018, just need it to work properly.

UPDATE:

I just tried to update to the new 15.0.1, to see if that would clear things up.  The CC installer keeps giving me an error.  I will file bug report.  FRUSTRATING.

ERROR:

Exit Code: 146

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 146) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeAfterEffects15AllTrial', version:15.0.1.73

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeAfterEffects15AllTrial Version: 15.0.1.73). Error code: '146'

WARN: Failed to move directory '/.adobeTemp/47F15A6A-FFD6-4517-A3AA-150C16330680/1/universal/Professional' to '/System/Library/Components/PDFImporter.component/Adobe After Effects CC 2018'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2018 Feb 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have same problem on iMac 2.8GHZ, 8GB RAM, Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB ,Mac Sierra 10.13.2

I have it happening every time I close Adobe AE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines