• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: There was an error processing this PDF document.

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Receiving this error. All .ai files are RGB. No special characters in file title. Seems like it does it for every .ai file layer, so I have to click this off about 120 times every time I open this.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That's not ideal. Sorry about that.

What's the exact version of After Effects you're using? Also, what are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS)? Try resetting the preferences of After Effects as a basic maintenance step. Here's how: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after-effects/td-... 

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Win 10, i7-10750 2.6ghz, 16gb RAM.

How would system specs give insight to what looks like a file handling error?

Not sure I want to reset references at this point - unless that is known to solve this particular problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details.

Resetting the preferences is basic maintenance so it could or could not solve the problem. However, I found this Community thread which has more than one working solution. Here's the link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects/after-effects-error-there-was-an-error-processing-this-... 

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,
Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why isn't a solution found by Adobe? Instead we get all of these random workarounds that may or may not be the culprit. I don't understand how that is a way to do business, especially with an error that has persisted for over four years now. 

some of those "solutions" are things like make sure path to file isn't too long, no special character (including a space) in file name, etc. If these were things not permitted by the software generally, I get it, but that is not the case, so why would those things cause these errors? And for this long with no resolution. This software is kind of a joke these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines