Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error when importing Premiere Pro project, keyframes are off

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to import a Premiere Pro project into After Effects (using File > Import > Import Adobe Premiere Pro Project...) but After Effects is giving me a couple of errors and my scale and position keyframes are off. I am using After Effects and Premiere Pro 2020.

After Effects gives me these error messages when importing the Premiere Pro file.

Ae_Error_01.PNGAe_Error_02.PNG

And here is what the sequence looks like in Premiere versus After Effects (the transformations are getting messed up in the process).

IK_FS_LinearOutput_02_722_Premiere.png

IK_FS_LinearOutput_02_722_AfterEffects.png

I am uploading a zip of the Premiere Pro project for debugging.

IK_FS_LinearOutput_02_2020_TipiCamp_NoFx.zip

Thank you!

David

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what is going on. The Cross Dissolve will not come through because Premiere Pro transitions are not compatible with After Effects. You have some funky scaling going on in Premiere Pro and I'm completely missing one layer when imported into After Effects using File/Import/Premiere Pro Project. I have not gone any farther than that. Maybe later today I will try creating a new Premiere Pro sequence and importing that. I will tell you that I have been animating still images in After Effects for more than 25 years and I've almost never started in Premiere Pro. My workflow for motion graphics is to create or import a scratch (sample) audio track that has been cut up into short sentences or phrases, and import all of the image assets into AE, then create comps that are no longer than a phrase or sentence. Most motion graphics comps are between five and ten seconds long. The only time I use Premiere Pro for that is when I have edited storyboards in Premiere Pro to an audio track and I need to start. I never animate stills in Premiere Pro, then try and polish the animation in AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tend to agree with Rick - this is probably a bad workflow to begin with. It's the old gag of having moved too far ahead in program A and then running into all sorts of issues when program B doesn't support this and that feature. Given the graphical nature of the design it would probably have made more sense to start in AE in the first place. At the very least try to reset some of the Premiere stuff and remove the completely unsupported features to generate an alternate project for import that may work better. It's easy enough to fix a bunch of transforms and apply a transition effect. 

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines