• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Freezing During Render

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects keeps freezing about an hour into a render that should take it about 4 hours. I've troubleshooted problems like cache size and making sure it's updated to the most recent version (22.2.1). Another strange factor to this problem is that I don't see the normal "Application Not Responding" message when I right click on the app, so there was no option to force quit. It had been frozen overnight, but it didn't appear that the application itself was frozen. However, I was unable to quit it normally so I had to quit the application through the activity monitor. The video I'm trying to render needs to be finished and to the client by next Friday - please help.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but that's not really useful. You have not provided any system info, exact render settings, details about the project, cahce settings, multiframe render settings, hardware acceleration and so on. As a start, at least tryy to render with teh "plus per frame info" option enabled. That may at least offer some clue as to whether you run out of disk space, an effect crashes or exceeds values and similar. Anything beyond that will require proper technical details for anyone to even hazard a guess.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I have a render that will take longer than a few minutes, I almost always render an image sequence instead of a movie. If there is a failure, you can pick up at the frame that fails and not have to render the whole timeline again. If I ever have a render failure, I troubleshoot the comp and look for potential problems before trying again. Never send a failed render to the Render Queue or Media Enoder without checking the comp. If I have a composition that takes more than a few seconds a frame to render, I always use the Render Queue to produce a visually lossless master. The generated image sequence and the audio can be added to a new comp to be rendered to a distribution master (MP4) using the Media Encoder. If a comp contains multiple shots, I always split it up into shots or short sequences, render visually lossless production masters, then do the final edit (assembly) using Premiere Pro. More than 90% of all my comps are a single shot that is seven seconds or less. I often create composites and animations that take more than a minute a frame to render. If the render takes longer than five minutes a frame, I redesign the shot.

You can always pick up at the last good frame when rendering image sequences. If your render is constantly failing, open the timeline, move to the frame causing the problem, press the U key twice with all layers selected, and look for settings or effects that may be causing the problem. If you are running out of system resources, you may be able to pick up the render at the last good frame.

If you still have problems, please post workflow details and screenshots of your comp showing the problem areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

How large is your Media Cache folder

This is a common problem where the media cache folders are set to too small a size and the render can stop at the pint where the disk is full and no more temp data files can be written to the scratch disk

I would recommend you :

1. Purge all media files 

2. Set the scratch disk folders to at least 100 gigs (even that may be too small)

Let us know

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines