Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after effects import output and render settings by command line

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I want to use aerender in docker to render multiple videos. I was able to install after effects and it works so far. But unfortunately I have a problem: I want to use a custom render- and output module template. Normally, with gui I would just import it, but I don't know if there is a command for command line to import it, so I tried an alternative:

I copied these settings:

ā€¢ Adobe After Effects 15.1 Prefs-indep-output.txt

ā€¢ Adobe After Effects 15.1 Prefs-indep-render.txt

from my normal computer (from path .../AppData/Adobe/After Effects/15.1) to the config folder on the docker image

But whenever I try to run aerender, I get the following error:

aerender version 15.1.1x12 After Effects warning: Invalid menu operation.

After Effects can't continue: unexpected failure during application startup

Is there any solution for this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Have you read the help below to check the type of the command line?

Automated rendering and network rendering in After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I have checked the help for aerender.

With "-OMtemplate" and "-RStemplate" I can only define the name of the template, but the template has to exist in after effects.

Unfortunately I can't open after effects on docker in gui, so it isn't possible for me to create the templates.

And when I copy the settings from ..../AppData/Roaming/Adobe/After Effects/15.1/..., after effects crashes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @ToolfarmJP, any info about this and the Docker setup? But please don't send a link to the same document, it does not have anything in relation to Docker inside.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we have similar requirement. Could you share your Dockerfile for building AAE ? Is your base image a Windows server 2019 image ? Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have similar requirement. Please share your Dockerfile for building AE or Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this post is few years old now. But I am trying to install AE in a docker image. Can you share how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines